Chapter 29

Once upon a time, the Aliabina's Queen mother prayed to the Gods. She prayed for her daughter's heir...a grandaughter. She would be the most beautiful and powerful princess the world ever see. For what reason she prayed, no one knows. Some might think, she just wanted to have a grandchild. But petty or perhaps silly it might be for other nobles, the heavens not only listened to her prayers but they granted it.

Thus, the true heir was born.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Amaris frowned when she saw what's written on the book. This is supposes to be the story of Genenvieve...the story of her past.

"Raya, there's something wrong on this book. Did you do something with it?" Amaris asked.

"Who knows? It's a magic, what's inside might be change," she answered.

"What?! You never tell me that? How many years has it been?!" Amaris said.

"It's because you only need that book in the first few years of your life as a guide but you don't need it now," Raya answered.

Amaris decided to read the book of her past every week but because of her studies and her debutante, she forgot to do so. She was shock when the original contents of the books are gone.

Now. She's currently struggling in rewriting what's written inside the book. But the only thing she remembers is how she die.

"Bring it back," Amaris begged Raya while chocking her stuffes bunny Rey.

"Is this how you ask a favor by chocking me?" Raya asked. Although the Goddess didn't feel any pain, it's still feel uncomfortable.

"Why did you have to that?" Amaris pouted. She ended up not writing anything because Mau entered the room and gave her the news everyone is waiting for...the gifts.

The gifts did came, Freger is the one who's excited the most. The gifts started coming from those people, they put all the gifts in a big room.

"I should sell the jewels," Freger whispered. He immediately came to Raya's Palace when he heard the news.

"Sure," Amaris said smiling. She never cared about this kind of gifts...the gifts that are given to her because they were force to asked forgiveness. She hates those kind of things.

She already donated most of her toys. She didn't need them, the truth is she never need them. She wanted to help the people and as a thank you to the temple she asked her father about volunteering at the temple. It's only one day, the priest helped her in many ways.

The Emperor reluctantly agreed. Ervis, will be on her side and he promised to protect the princess but for now, she needs to think on what to do with all their gifts.

"I don't know what to do with them," Amaris said.

"Nothing. Just hide it, you don't have to use unlike your aunt's gift," Freger said. With that, her eyes widened. She almost forgot about her aunt! They will be on the Palace tomorrow. Her birthday will be celebrated here as planned. This month is her birthday and She already told Mau about. Some people are already working for the big celebration but Amaris is not satisfied, she wanted to help even more.

"I need to talk to Dad!" Amaris excused my herself.

She almost tripped when she saw the Marquess walking in the direction of the Audience room. She hides at one of the rooms and listened to their conversation...using magic.

"Your Majesty. If you're going to give my ward a chance, maybe you will realized that she is your real daughter." The Marquess said with conviction.

"Real daughter? Are you saying that the princess here is a fake one, is that what you wanted to say?" He asked in a mocking tone.

"T-That's not what I am saying Your Majesty. What I am saying is maybe, you need to check first," the Marquess stuttered and it made Amaris laughed.

"But that child didn't even looked anything like the Empress or anyone in the Imperial family, but my daughter looked exactly like the Empress. How can you explain that?" He asked.

"I-I don't know but maybe, she did something that we didn't know about! That's why we need to check first!" The Marquess insisted. The Emperor clicked his tongue.

"What's your proof besides that golden eyes that can be easily manipulated using magic? I already have a proof that the princess here is my daughter. How about you?" He smirked. Amaris titled her head with that, she knew about the other proof and no one could fake it. But she's shock that her father knew about it.

"W-what do you mean, Your Majesty?" The Marquess asked. Her hands started trembling in fear, she already knew that the Emperor have something on his sleeves.

"I am not going to tell you. You might fake it," the Emperor smirked again. Amaris decided to entered the audience room to show herself.

"Daddy!"

The Marquess bowed to the Princess but deep inside, she hated her.

"What is it?" The Emperor asked. Amaris whispered something that made the Emperor's eye widened.

"I see. Are you sure?" He asked. The young girl nodded.

"Marquess. That child, will live in the Kioran Palace temporarily. I am going to wait for your proof. But remember, she will be never treated as a princess. Remind her to know her place." He ordered.

"Yes. Your Majesty," The Marquess smiled but it immediately vanished as she saw the princess smirk. She didn't even hide it, it's like she's showing her who's the real winner.

She's mocking her. She probably fell into her trap but it doesn't matter. If anything happens she could just throw that girl away and save herself. Amaris knew that and she will never let it happen.