Chapter 4

Raya's palace. A palace dedicated for the Goddess who save the empire a long time ago. Perfect for a princess like her.

The new princess hugged her father. This is now her life and no one can take it from her.

-Chapter 4: Raya's Palace

AMARIS

I need some time alone to grasped everything that's happened. First of all, I am now living in Raya's palace together with the people I trust the most. The emperor added more servants for me-he said I need more. He also instructed them to make sure to this as a secret. I wanted to know why but Raya kept her mouth shut. I am sure that she knows the reason.

It's been one week and I haven't seen my father not once since I lived here. But it doesn't matter. My aunt went back to her estate, but she never forgot to send me gifts-lots of them. Dresses, shoes, jewelries, books and toys. I might be a kid in their eyes but I'm mentally older. Still, I never receive any gifts when I was a kid-especially toys. I accepted it wholeheartedly and asked Mau to make me a playroom for 'my toys' so I can stay there and pretend to play while talking to Raya or writing in my journal.

You can have fun and be a kid again. That was Raya said two days after I wake up in my small body. I was four. I don't know if I would be glad because of that or not. Glad because, I don't have to see my mom's death or sad because I won't have a chance to see my mother's face. Being an adult mentally, I know it would be hard and would probably traumatize me. It's not good for our plans.

Well. Maybe I should have fun. I already have the duchess on my side not to mention this palace. I need to go and see the whole palace for myself. They said everything in this place is mine.

Before my regression this place was given to the fake princess. And Raya was pissed-she wanted to cause chaos in this empire but the others stopped her. They said it's too much. I agree to be honest.

For some reason, I felt like Raya is biased towards her descendants. I asked her and she didn't even deny it.

Of course. I wanted them to have a good life and I have the power to do that.

So. Why she let my mother die-her descendant? She said, she will tell me the reason soon.

•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•

Is there any library in this palace? Do they even know how to read? Most people here are quite stupid-they know exactly the symbol of imperial blood yet they messed up.

Okay, I guess, there's a little bit of anger in that sentence.

I keep walking and I am getting a sense of familiarity in this place. But it's impossible because, I never been in any parts of this palace.

"Fountain!" I exclaimed when I saw the amazing fountain that's made of marble. In the eyes of a small child-it's gigantic.

I wanted to sit near the fountain but since I am too small-I can't. I decided to sit on the grass and take a rest. I need to grow up quickly. I need to learn how to use a sword and magic. Raya said my mother is a warrior-everyone in Aliabina is a warrior. So, I want to be one. I closed my eyes and take a deep breath. This is tiring-maybe I have a frail body. Are four-year-olds usually like this?

"Why is this child here?" I heard a man speaking. With that cold tone, I know who it is. I keep my eyes close. They should just go on their way and leave me alone.

"Princess! Wake up," I also know that voice. Ervis Doulan. That knight-he's nice and now, I don't have a choice but to wake up.

"Lia's sleepy," I said while pouting. Yep. I need to make them fall for my cuteness.

"Why don't you sleep on your bed?" He asked-my father, I mean.
"Lia's looking for books!" I said. I don't want to sleep-it's hard to make an excuse when your small.

"What books are you looking for?" He asked me.

"Umm. History books and magic and laws and languages. Mau and everyone knows how to speak the ancient language of Aliabina!" I exclaimed. Like a child should. I think, I did a great job based on their bewildered expression.

"The princess is so smart! You already wanted to study? That's great," the knight said happily. Yeah, I know it's great. Look how good I am compare to the fake daughter you chose.

"I see. Bring her to my office," he instructed. I asked the knight to carry me because my feet is already hurting.

•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•

"Do know who am l?" He asked.

Of course, I know you. My father, who killed me. The emperor who ruined his empire, the man my mother love (probably, the only mistake she ever done in her life). I shook my head-let's pretend to be stupid first.

"Didn't I told you that I am your father?" I gulped when he said that. What does he want from me?

"Do you know what I do?" He asked.

"Lia knows it. Mau said your the emperor and Lia is a princess. Is Lia a princess?"

Anyway. What should I call this guy. It's giving me headache whenever I think about it.

"Yes. You are the only princess of this empire. Remember that."

He' only saying that because it's too early and the fake princess is nowhere to be found. Their meeting will happen soon, I wonder what will happen-to me?

To be honest. I wouldn't care about the girl if truly is my sister or atleast half sister but no. She is nothing but a fake-no one can blame me if I feel this way about her. To me, she's nothing but a thief. Taking someone else life is pretty disgusting. It's not like she's a commoner-she live in an estate too.

"Really? Then promise Lia that Lia will be the only princess here," I said. Let's be greedy for the time being. After all, I already gave everything before. Including my life.

"Promise," he said smiling. My eyes widened when I saw that, so this guy can smile. I don't know-I rarely met him back then.

"T-Thank you!" I stuttered. That's pretty shocking.

"Lia. I call you Lia but what do you call me?" The question thay I don't want to answer.

I need to get on his good side. I need to get on his good side. I am already in this situation, and he already smiled at me. What should I call him?!

Call him daddy. He's your father after all. It was Raya whispering.

"Huh? D-Daddy?" I said while stuttering. I gulped when I realized that I said that out loud. He looked at me from head to toe. What is he thinking?

"Daddy! Daddy!" I did it again.

"Hmmm. That's right, " he said while patting my head. I guess, it's alright

"Lia is the only one who can call you Daddy! Promise me," I said. It's better to say it now than to my chance. If ever she appear.

"Of course. Your my only daughter," he said.

"No. Promise Lia!" I insisted. It might be a childish thing for others but I am going to hold these promises for now.

"Okay. I promise."