Chapter 5

AMARIS

"Mau? Where's Rey?" I asked. Rey is my stuffed bunny. She's very important to me because she's the first gift my father ever gave to me,excluding this palace of course and Raya uses it to communicate with me.

"She's in the playroom, princess," she answered.

"Thank you!" That bunny is walking. I'm sure of it.

"You must really like the bunny because His Majesty gave it you!" Mau said.

"Yes! Hehehe."

Also Raya uses it to communicate with me. It's much better she said.

"So. What do you want to say?" Goddess Raya asked. I called her Raya most of the times because she acted more like a friend rather some powerful Goddess that could possibly kill me.

"Teach me my innate power!" I said. Aliabina royalty have some kind of innate ability to control nature. You don't need some mana to do that-only us can do that. That's why I said it's stupid to make a mistake in recognizing the real princess. The signs are literally in front. Especially, my father.

"Soon. You're too weak. Let's wait for another year or so, enjoy being a child."

This Goddess-did she bring me back as a child so I can enjoy my childhood unlike before? That's really nice of her-but it's hard when I have an adult mind.

"Thanks. I should go somewhere."

I decided to wander around the palace while carrying Rey. It felt good to be free, besides my studies might start early because of my request. I heard that my father is already looking for my teacher. My aunt also volunteered to be my etiquette teacher.

Since. The princess being here is a secret, my father needs a trustworthy person to be my teacher. He's going to have a hard time looking for them.

"Daddy!" I called him. He's with the knight, looking at the empty lot near my palace.

"Don't run," he reminded me. Running is good for my health though.

"What are you doing here?" I asked them.

"This is where your private library will be built," he answered. Wow! A private library, that's really great.

"For Lia?" I asked maybe I hears him wrong.

"For you. That's why, I don't want you to wander around for the time being," he said. That's going to be boring. I started to enjoy my time wandering around.

"I think you need someone to guard you. You always wander around," he said. Yep, all royalties have that. But who is going to be my guard? I need someone that I can trust for a long time.

My father carried me all the way to Raya's palace. I was surprised at first but I didn't complain.

"Bye-bye," I said. He smiled before going back to his palace.

I realized that my father actually knows how to smile. I guess, I am quiet one sided when it comes to my father. Maybe, I need to know the reason why he neglected me.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Ervis," the emperor called his most trusted knight.

"You can be my daughter's personal knight. What do you think?"

"It's an honor to be the princess' knight," Ervis answered.

"What is it?" he asked the knight when he noticed him in deep thought.

"You're keeping the princess existence a secret. Is it because of the assassins that killed the empress?" The reluctantly knight asked.

"Yes."

They didn't talk the whole time after that conversation. The knight knew that it's still painful for the emperor to talk about his beloved empress.

Back in Raya's palace. Amaris is pacing back and forth, the princess is having a hard time understanding her father.

"I mean why let me die if he cares about me? Maybe he did hate me but what's wrong with him now, why he is so nice? I never got a chance to talk to him back then, that's why I am asking you!"

Goddess Raya sighed. As much as she wants to tell her everything, this is not the right time. She will the princess, everything when the time comes. For now, what she needs is to grow up and to be strong.