Chapter 9

AMARIS

3 years later

"When did the fake princess come into picture?" Mythos asked. This is the third time he's asking about that.

"Why not ask Raya about that?" I said but he just rolled his eyes.

Turned out Spirit Kings and Gods and Goddesses don't like each other that much. Most of the time they don't care about the existence of each other.

It's been three years since I met my dad, aunt and Mythos. It's been going well. I have my own private library and garden, my aunt went back home for now but she will be back next month.

I've learned a lot of things these past years and of course, I think I am getting better at magic. Turns out the head magician is a genius, I don't need any tutor. He's enough.

My innate ability is starting to show. Especially evanescent— my ability to fade. Just like teleportation but you don't need mana for that. I'm hoping that I can call Anais now that my innate power is showing.

"That book. Is it not written in there?," he asked.

"It's said a party and I never attended any party. I am not sure which one," I answered.

"Anyway. I will go back to my palace. Your dad will be here soon." Before I said anything, he just disappear. Typical Mythos, he appears and disappear whenever he wanted. But I truly enjoy his company.

Mythos has been asking me about the fake princess. He said we can go visit her but as much as I wanted to do that—I am not ready yet. I have a lot of things to learn. What if I see her and she is much better than me? I don't want to put pressure on me.

I wanted to enjoy my life while surviving and preventing her from taking what's meant to be mine.

•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•

"Daddy. Do you know black magic?" I asked him. I decided to give him a hint every now and then. I don't think my father is thay dumb not to realize what's happening when the time comes.

"How did you know that?" He asked.

"Teacher told about black magic. He said is bad and no one is allowed to use it,"I explained. Teacher did tell me about it only because I asked him.

"Yes. It is a crime to use black magic," he answered.

"What if someone uses it?" I asked.

"Then they will get punish."

I think it's time to find out more about that fake princess and how come she ended up having golden eyes like me.

"What if someone uses it and came to the palace and fool everyone? How would you know that they uses black magic?" I asked again. I hope, I look like a curious child who just have a wild imagination.

"I will know it."

Stupid! You immediately got fool by the fake princess!

I wonder what if, she is not fake. What if she is my real sister? That must be the reason this guy accepted her. Then why he treat me like I never exist? My head started hurting.

"Daddy. What if I have another sister?" I asked. He have this surprised look on his face, I am not sure what that means.

"How many time I told you that you're my only daughter," he answered he then procees to drink his tea. I, on the other hand keep eating the cakes in front of me.