Chapter 32

AMARIS

"Don't worry. We're always on your side. I can't believe some nobles are questioning your identity, they just believe some random girl?!" My aunt exclaimed. I didn't know that there were nobles who already questioning my identity, what's their proof that I am not the real princess anyway?

Besides. Because of my knowledge to the past, most of them are familiar. That includes their evil deeds. I need someone for that. A mercenary group?

"Thanks Aunt. Honestly, I am afraid. What if, I am not really Daddy's daughter," I mumbled.

"Nonsense. Of course, you are! You're the only one who have—" she covered her mouth and the Duke shakes his head. So that thing is still a secret huh? It doesn't matter, that's going to be my secret weapon.

"Aunt. Aren't you excited to your birthday?" I asked her.

"Of course I am, but you know, as I grew older parties like that is not really something I looked forward. I agree with the party for someone." She smiled at me. I knew that it's because of me. She wanted to show to everyone that the Duke and Duchess of Forleam are on my side.

In this life. You need the support of the nobles, and the common people. Next in my list are the people, I don't want to use those people for my personal gain but I heard some nobles are corrupt. I need to find out who they are, hitting two birds with one stone.

"Anyway. I am sure that something fun is going to happen in that celebration," she said happily. Is she really my Dad's sister, they seemed to be the exact opposite of each other. I guess, siblings are like that. I don't have one and I don't want one. Especially not that girl.

"What kind of fun you're talking about dear? You're in front of the kid," the duke asked her but she just smirked.

The day was so tiring. I immediately went to bed. I want to rest but I suddenly heard a knock on my door.

"Princess?" It's Mau.

"You may enter," I tried to fix myself. Mau entered with a big smile on her face.

"Your dress for the party arrived," she said. Right, my dress. Aunt is the one who chose for me. Knowing my aunt, I might wear a matching outfit with my Dad or with the whole family.

"Thank you, Mau."

She tucked me in after that. Although, I not a child anymore, I still wanted Mau to tuck me in. She's like a comfort to me.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"You just came in the Palace yet you're acting like that. You should atleast pretend, so you can be in their good graces! Did you forget that no one acknowledges you, even the Emperor!" The Marquess scoldes Genenvieve. She begged the Emperor just to see her ward who is now being punished. Genenvieve can't even go outside her room.

"I'm sorry," Genenveive whispered to please her aunt. She thought that everything that she did was the right thing to do. How dare they disrepect a princess. But then again, she was never acknowledge as one, soon she will.

"The duchess will have her celebration at the palace, we can attend there. You need to behave yourself," she said. Genenvieve nodded, she wants everyone to see her eyes. She wanted them to acknowledge her as one.

The Marquess brought a dress for her ward. She knew that the Emperor will never gave her one. And no one would dare to help her.

"I am going to be the most beautiful girl in that banquet!" The Marquess sighed. She's having a hard time teaching her ward. If it wasn't for her efforts, she might already abandon the child but she couldn't. She needs that girl and that girl needs her. Genenvieve is going to be the princess. If only the other one isn't there.

•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•

Amaris sighed as she saw her aunt's outfit, it's almost the same as hers. Her father and the Duke too, they all have the same color scheme. She didn't hate it, in fact, she like it.

She just can't brushed the feeling that her aunt planned it all. Today is her aunt's birthday and she just allowed her aunt to enjoys the situation.

"Hmmm. Did you like your dress?" She asked Amaris.

"Of course." Amaris smiled at her aunt. The nobles can't help but to be amaze at the Imperial family. Even the Duke and Emperor have matching outfits, they seemed like a happy family.

"This is ridiculous," the Emperor mumbled. But his daughter seemed happy, that's why he didn't want to complain. He decided to sit in his throne just to watch everyone. His sister warned her about the Marquess and her ward. He wanted to get rid of them, he just didn't have enough reason. But soon, he will find one.

One thing he's been expecting was the Duchess guests, they came from Aliabina. His wife's family, it's been so long since the last time he saw them.

He's worried for his daughter, he didn't want her to be sad. That's why he agreed for his daughter's other relative to came here. To stop the other nobles from yapping and to keep her daughter safe.

That's when the girl walk towards the duchess, the Emperor looked at her with anger. She's walking with ber heads up, showing her golden eyes.

"Happy birthday, aunt."

The girl smiled at the Duchess, but the Duchess shove her off and glared at her, a terrifying glare that's similar to the Emperor.