Chapter 11

My heart hasn't stopped thumping in my chest since the second I realized Domani De Luca's in the same room as me. I know I'm supposed to be making him regret walking out on me, but my insides are flipping all over the place, and I don't think I'm dancing very sexy. I needed to breathe. With all these sweaty bodies surrounding me I felt like the air wasn't moving, and I was hot. I stepped out of the circle and Sophia followed. "Wanna go to the bathroom?" She asked me, linking arms and turning me that way before I could even agree.

        When we got inside, Sophia quickly checked the stalls before turning to me. "How are you doing? You look great. You're doing a very good job with the 'confidence thing', I'm proud, but...how are you doing?" She asked again. I rubbed my temples, so I wouldn't smudge my makeup if I rubbed at my face. "I'm trying to ignore that he's here. Has he even looked at me, Soph? I feel stupid," I told her the truth. I may have smoothed my face out to look unbothered, but I am very much bothered.

All these stupid memories came flooding in when those blue eyes locked with mine. His stubble is still so dark and his lashes make his gaze feel alluring, deep. He's in all black, which is my favorite. He looks more handsome than I even let myself remember. I swear. 

I've tried burying him somewhere deep inside my mind, in a place I do not touch, or at least, I haven't touched for months...but now...all hope is lost.

        "He looked. You know he did. Plus all his friends keep staring at you, you think he hasn't noticed that too. He's probably pissed. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't corner you and whisk you away," Sophia smirked. She knows that every time we've tried staying away from each other in the past it never panned out. Especially if we were in the same vicinity. There was an ocean between us and it didn't even help. Never mind a few bodies in a club. 

He's still so tangible. I feel him everywhere. Those rough inked hands that've touched every inch of my body ten times over. My chest fluttered at the thought of Dom cornering me, taking me away during one of his anger episodes when he sees men near me.

I shouldn't feel that. Stop it, Mia! He left you. I need to remember that. If he couldn't wait back then, then he can't just have me now that it's convenient. "Come on, sexy, let's get you out there," my best friend slapped my ass and made me jolt. She grabbed my shoulders and walked me out of this private bathroom inside VIP, back to the dance floor.

        When my body stopped suddenly she rammed right into me and stumbled. "What?" She started to ask until she followed my eyes. I can't breathe. Something so sharp shot through me to the point of my physical breath halting. Sophia tried to quickly turn me away, but it was too late. I saw everything. 

Dom had Giana on his lap and he wasn't just kissing her. No. He was groping her, and tongue lashing her in his dominant sexy way. His hand was up her dress for everyone to see. I can't breathe. If I do I'm afraid that a tear will form. For now everything is still.

        "Babes, come on, let's go dance...or do you want another drink?" Sophia rubbed my arms and looked at me with a sorry expression. "You know he's just doing that because he's jealous," she told me after. I shook my head. "This was dumb," I finally got a few words out, but they felt like sandpaper coming up my throat. "Breathe, Mia," my best friend encouraged me. "I have to go," I told her urgently. "NO! Then he'll win," she stopped me. 

"I'm not winning, Sophia. I'm losing. I'm always the one losing," I almost snapped, but it wasn't at her and she knew it. "Go fuck around with some guy you find cute. Call Julien. Let him come and see you in this dress, and see if he isn't trying to put his tongue down your throat," she tried concocting more of her ideas.