Chapter 23 (Dom's POV)

I bumped my glass and almost knocked it sideways. Good thing I caught it. I want every drop. I tipped the glass with my head back to have the remains of my drink, but it was already empty. "More," I snapped my fingers at the man behind the bar. I didn't go to Little Italy this time cuz nobody knows how to mind their fucking business. I shouldn't be out in a place I don't know well when a Dominican street gang, and the Irish mob, want my head on a platter. But I just don't give a fuck right now. I needed to have a drink. I needed a breather. 

I knew I shouldn't have gone there, but I did anyway. And I sat across from her in the dining room of her apartment, and she wouldn't look at me. She wouldn't let me see those green eyes. Of course she wouldn't. I told her not to. Don't talk to me, look at me, or come near me...that's what I said. So why did it fucking bother me that she wouldn't fucking look at me.

        I don't like that a cop is wandering around here looking for that piece of shit trash I already took to the dump. It's war time here in New York, and I don't need the heat on me right now. I can't add anything else into the mix... Why did I follow her into the kitchen? I should've stayed at the table with Elio. I knew that, but I went anyway.

This fucking girl, this is why I hate her. I get stupid where she's involved. I get ridiculous. I've done things I wouldn't want to admit even on my deathbed. I would rather admit to commiting murder than telling a single soul that I stalk this fucking girls social media. Stalked her life overseas, because I always need to know. I always need to know everything about her. 

Where is Mia Fiore? Who is Mia Fiore with? When is Mia Fiore coming back? What did she achieve today? Who the fuck is that asshole touching her? What did Mia eat for goddamn lunch? 

Why do I need to know? I don't need to know. But I do.

        I'm a pathetic idiot. Completely out of my mind in the worst way possible. Not crazy murderous. Not a crazy lunatic. Crazy as in I'm clearly mentally unwell if I care to even know anything about this girl. To want to be near this fucking girl. I'm unwell. But I said no more. I shut it off. I left it behind.

Then why did you follow her into the kitchen Domani? Why did you try grabbing her when she tried to leave? Why are you drunk right now?  I snorted at myself. Shut up. I don't wanna answer any of it. I want to drink. 

I knocked on the bartop one more time. "Fill me up," I told him. "It's almost cut off time," the bartender warned me. Is it because I'm leaning on the bar? "You cut me off when I say you can. Gimme a fucking drink," I ordered him. His brows furrowed, but he didn't say anything. 

I hope he does. I would love to punch something.

        I rubbed my eyes. Christ they're blurry. I've only been here for like an hour. How is it closing time? Oh? Later than I thought, but I had to squint one eye to even see the time on my phone. It got into focus finally enough for me to comprehend it. I should call her. The man slid me my drink and I downed its contents. Then I pulled my phone and started scrolling. 

Fucking hell, I can't see for shit. I moved my head farther, closer, one eye, then two. Where's Mia's number? I wanna talk to Mia. 

I leaned further on the counter and snapped my fingers at the bartender who I know hates me right now. I don't care. "Aye, find me Mia, Mia Fiore....find her number," I handed him my phone. He looked at me with a blank expression, but when I never looked away he complied.

        "There's no 'Mia' in your phone, man," he let me know. Huh? Domani, you deleted her phone number. Why? Damnit. When my phone buzzed I stupidly grabbed it like somehow it would be her. It wasn't. It was Giana, though I couldn't even read her message. I'm drunker than I think I've ever been. I can't see straight. Jesus. I called instead.