Chapter 60 (Dom's POV)

I could feel something against me and I twitched my nose because something was tickling it. The scent of sweet flowers surrounded me and I remembered. I remembered that Mia stayed in my bed, and that we were laying side by side with our legs intertwined and our arms draped over one another. 

Her face was nuzzled into my neck, so her little hairs were just below my nose, which is what I was feeling. I hugged her tighter against me and smoothed out her hair. 

I don't know what to say about my blowing up the other day. Half of what I said I didn't even realize was true until I said it. I don't like talking about this kind of shit, so when Mia asked me if I wanted to date her I just stayed quiet. I stayed quiet because I surprised myself when 9 months worth of pent up anger and some other emotion came spewing out of me like harsh vomit that burned my throat. 

But the fire inside my gut...it's gone. 

That horrible breath taking burning fire that I've been fighting against for so many months has finally dissipated and I found myself taking in a lung full of air. 

        That only brought her scent right back to my nose. Her smaller frame fits into my side like a puzzle piece, and I sound like a little bitch for even saying that, but it's true. It's why she was pressed against me this way and we both slept so comfortably. 

I don't know what to say about any of this, so I just won't say anything. The intense sex, the aftermath of questions. What did we start last year back in Paris? Where was that even headed? And do I want to go back there? 

It fucked with my head. I can't deal with that bullshit. I let a woman control my mood and feelings in a way I never have before. I didn't like it. I hated it actually. 

         But if Mia wanted to stay in my bed all day I would want that. If she wanted to see me, touch me again, I would want that. I hate it because I can't get enough of it. Enough of her. I've craved this girl since the second I let the door slam behind me in Paris, and that's why I screamed that I hated her. That's why I convinced myself that I did. I needed to hate her. I wouldn't have survived it otherwise.

        I moved my head slightly back on my neck so I could peek down at her. She looks to be at peace right now. I can feel her light breathing against my neck. Her full lips are parted slightly and her lashes touch the tops of her cheeks in a way that even makes her closed eyes alluring. 

I moved my hand up and down her side, but when she began to stir awake I quickly shut my eyes. I'm not a creep trying to watch her sleep. She shifted slightly below me and then I felt the warmth of her lips press against my bare chest. She softly kissed me there. 

Why the fuck did a new kind of heat rush through me. Not the fire that tore apart my insides. This heat was something else. 

I started to feel Mia's fingertips run up my back. I pretended to stir awake too. As soon as my eyes opened they were met by her green ones. 

Why the fuck do I have a smile on my face? I tried to drop it. 

        "Morning" her soft sleepy voice spoke. Mine was much more gravelly when I responded. "We fell asleep naked," she kind of laughed. I pressed my body against her even more and hummed in appreciation. "Good. Makes it easier to have you again," I let my hands wander downward. Her skin is soft to the touch. I cupped her ass and kneaded the flesh. I could feel my cock already twitching. 

"I'm starving," she whined. I turned us so she was laying on top of my body and my hands were still cupping her ass. "So am I. So let me eat you," I whispered against her ear. Her cheeks tinted a light pink that made me chuckle.