Chapter 34

Sophia stayed over for half the day, but ended up leaving when her mother called her asking if she wanted to go to dinner at some fancy place. Elio finally made it out of his bedroom, so I decided now was finally the time to give him his gift. "Sit on the couch, I'll bring it out," I told him. "You got me a gift? You didn't have to do that, littles. Save your money," he started lecturing me, but I just walked right into the bedroom to grab it anyway. I was like a child with the excitement that shot through me in anticipation of his reaction. 

I really hope this wasn't a dumb idea and that he actually likes it. "Okay go ahead," I waved for him to open it. He placed the box on the coffee table in front of him, and ripped off the wrapping paper until the words Nintendo showed. It'd come in its original packaging from the 90's!! It was in great shape. 

        "No fucking way," he chuckled. "It's the old one. Like the one we had. Do you like it?" I covered my mouth with my hands, as I waited in anticipation. He stood up and gave me a hug. "Hell yeah. I haven't played this shit in forever. You wanna set it up?" He asked me. I grinned and nodded for him to start it up. "I wasn't sure if it was a dumb idea. I just remember us playing it a lot...and since you have everything you want, I just wanted to think outside the box a little," I explained my reasoning.

"Nah, it was a great idea. I would've never thought of something like that. You've always been the more thoughtful one anyways. I just shoved money in your face," he pressed his lips as he thought of the gift he gave me last year. "You gave me 1300 dollars. That's not really just shoving me a 20 dollar bill or something thoughtless," I chuckled. 

"Yeah, but I can afford it. It was the easiest thing to do. I hope you didn't spend too much on this," he was talking, but already sticking his head behind the tv trying to hook everything up.

        I went and grabbed us sodas, and after it was all set up we decided to start with Mario, so we could play against each other. I sat cross legged on the sofa, and Elio was leaning forward, his elbows on his knees. "Alright, don't start crying when I kick your ass," he warned me. I snorted. "I never cried," I denied it. "Eh...a couple times I think you did," he teased me. "Shut up and play," I nudged him to start it. 

You'd think two grown adults wouldn't completely turn into overgrown children while playing nostalgic games, but we became the 8 and 12 year olds all over again. Elio was teasing me and trying to shove at me to make me lose. I would whine, but when one of us was winning we'd start yelling so loud for no reason at all ,other than for excitement. 

        "I'm coming you fucker," Elio was right behind me. I was yelling and almost falling off the couch, leaning forward with my character driving the track. I press my fingers too hard on the buttons and end up hurting my fingers for pressing too hard. "AH! This is it! I'm gonna win this time. Muahaha," I was so close to the finish line. "NO. Throw the shell you bastard," Elio kept cursing at the screen. "YES" I jumped off the couch and did a stupid victory dance.

"I beat you like 6 times. You can't do a victory dance over one win," he shook his head at me. He's a sore loser. His phone started ringing, so I quieted down, and he answered it. Please don't let that be Dom

        "Nah, I'm just here with my sister. She bought me a nintendo for my birthday, so we're playing the old ass mario kart... Yeah from like our childhood," he chuckled at whoever he was talking to. He pulled the phone away and said, "Alessandro asked if he could come play. He sounds very enthusiastic." 

I chuckled, but said yes. It's only a two player game because we only have two controllers, but that's okay it'll be fun to all verse each other.

-