Chapter 33

I tossed and turned all night. I couldn't shake this feeling inside me that was consuming my every thought, my every breath. I felt Dom's lips on me last night. Lips I missed so much. I hate myself for missing him, but I do. I can't keep lying to myself. I miss him and I hate him. I hate him because he hates me. I hate him because he walked out on me in Paris, and ruined a good thing. He wouldn't wait for me. He wouldn't give this a chance, us a chance. I hate him because his presence alone can affect my entire day. It can awaken this buzzing inside myself that sets my flesh to alertness, just because he's near me.

He controls my body in a way that makes me hate his hold on me. I could smell him on me last night. I could taste his lips, and feel his hands all over me. I could feel his erection rub over my center. I wanted him inside me, but I couldn't. It would hurt worse this morning when I realized nothing's changed. That I was used for a quick fuck. I couldn't do that to myself. 

I was feeling pretty low this morning anyway. I tried shaking it by making myself and my very hungover brother some nice breakfast, but he couldn't even eat it and stayed in bed while I ate alone. I haven't even been able to give him my gift yet.

        Still when I went to get dressed I saw the bag I had waiting on the chair in my bedroom. It was Riccardo's suit and it was finished. I decided to text him and ask if he wanted to come by and grab it today. He said he wasn't very far from the area, and that he didn't mind picking it up now. I told him he had to come up and try it on, so I could see how everything fit, but he sounded embarrassed to do so.

When I got a call from him about ten minutes later I picked up. "Mia, I'm double parked. I can't come up," he told me. "Mhm, you're off the hook for now mister, but you will try on the suit and show me," I warned him. He chuckled but asked if I could bring the suit down, since he couldn't find parking. I grabbed the bag and went downstairs. I did see he was actually double parked, so I'll give him the excuse for now. 

"Thanks for this," he awkwardly lifted the bag at me. "If you like it, I can do it in whichever suit you want," I let him know. It's not hard for me. When I used to work with the old woman who was a seamstress she'd tailor suits all the time, and taught me how to pretty early on in my working for her.

        When I started to turn away from the passenger side window I had leaned into to hand Riccardo the bag, I caught eyes with a familiar face. When I paused, Riccardo paused with me. Out of my building came Giana freaking Rizzo strutting past me with a stupid smirk on her face in last nights dress. Anger bubbled inside me to the point of actually constricting my air.

So Dom tried fucking me, and when I said no because of what he's done to me, he immediately just texted the next girl....While I tossed and turned in hurt, he was upstairs screwing someone else. I knew it. He's such an asshole. He doesn't care at all. My heart hurt. 

        "Oh hello Mia, Riccardo," the bitch actually stopped to speak to me, when I know for a damn fact she doesn't like me. She's gloating. She knows, that I know, that Giana slept over Dom's last night. "Uh, Miss Rizzo," Riccardo bowed his head in acknowledgment like he does to me. I'm nothing like this bitch though. I hope Riccardo understands that I don't view him as some lap dog employee. He doesn't work for me at all. She just turned her nose up at us like the annoying brat she is.

"Last night was fun right?" She turned specifically to me to ask. That anger was shooting through me, and into my clenching fists. What would she do if I just punched her square in the face? It's what the guys all do to each other. They just throw a punch. How would Giana Rizzo handle a punch? Is she the type of mafia princess who'd be scrappy, or the kind who'd cry and ask her daddy for his black card to make her feel better.