Chapter 28

My brother was having the time of his life tonight. He was in such a good mood, so he kept making us all take shots and have a good time. A bunch of us went off and started dancing. I wouldn't let myself look in whatever direction Dom would be in. If he was looking right, I was looking left. I made sure of it. A bunch of us girls were dancing in a group, but Anthony was watching me with a close eye. He kept biting his lip while he watched me sway my hips for him.

 "He wants to come over here so badly," Sophia whispered in my ear with a mischievous grin. "He won't. Not with Elio here," I shook my head. "Should I be offended Dom doesn't even give a shit who I dance with? He'd be more upset about you," she paused at her last statement and apologized for even saying that.

        "It's okay. He's doing his thing, so I'll do mine," I thumbed behind me at Dom surrounded by not one, not two, but four different women right now all fighting for his attention. She pressed her lips together at the sight. 

"It's good he isn't stopping you because Georgie is super into this. Go," I nudged her back to the man she was just dancing with previous to this. The mischievous grin returned to her and she went back over to him. Yeah he wants her bad. I can see it in his eyes. My best friend is gorgeous, and fun, and amazing, so I can't see why he wouldn't be all over her while he has the chance. 

        When I felt a hand on my hip, I glanced over my shoulder and couldn't fight the amused smirk when I saw it was Anthony Rizzo. "Oh, you aren't worried about Elio anymore?" I called him out for his distance from me. "Honestly, I'm risking it babe. I wanna dance with you," his hands came to my waist to pull me to him. He's damn brave for this. I wasn't expecting it. 

They were playing all great dance music, so it wasn't hard to just start up dancing again. This time with Anthony's hands on my hips and our body's lightly brushing over one another once in a while. I wasn't grinding yet or anything, though I was feeling tipsy and kinda wanted to. Anything to distract me from looking back at the posse in front of Him. I won't let myself be upset again. I won't. 

He regrets me. He hates me. It's enough fuel to get me through this.

        Anthony pulled me against him and our faces were close, but he didn't make any moves beyond dancing. His eyes were looking down at my very revealed chest right now. "You don't understand how you look," he shook his head at me. I bit my lip and looked at him. "Then why don't you explain it to me," I challenged him. He smirked and it brought my attention to his lips again. They aren't bad lips. They have a shape to them and look soft. 

Rizzo put his mouth against my ear while never stopping our dancing and started whispering to me. "You look stunning, sexy, like a goddess, Mia. You draw every man's eye to you including mine," he became smooth as he often does. He pulled away enough to view my expression, and smirked when he saw I was pleased. 

        "I'll work to keep your attention on me if I have to. These idiots don't deserve you," he winked. "Oh? And you do?" I arched my brow. I'm tipsy and bold. "I don't, but that never stops me, sweetheart," he gave me that troublemaker's grin he's so good at doing. It made me laugh a little bit, but I also like his antics. His words. I know he uses them on all girls, but he's so good at it. He makes you feel like you're the only one he's saying it to and it's fun. 

I'm not taking it seriously in a way that I have in the past. I don't care that Anthony flirts with everyone, and that's why I can have fun with it. I don't want to feel the way I felt when Dom walked out of my life. I won't let someone do something like that to me again. I don't like giving men power over me. I don't like giving them the power to shatter me. I've done it enough. This is nice and light and fun.