Chapter 51

Domani De Luca is not known for his patience. He wanted to see me and was pissed when he couldn't. I can't fathom why the man wants to see me. I know we shared that moment in his office where he appeared worried for me, and I wanted him to hold me, but those were under duress and unusual circumstances. 

Nothing has changed. Dom still left me. He still hates me. He's still sleeping with everyone he can get his hands on. 

Sure, I appreciated him supporting Elio while I was in the hospital, being a good friend, but now that I'm healing I don't see what he could possibly want from me. 

        I'd just gotten out of the shower and I was in my robe because getting dressed is a bitch. It hurts to move my torso, so a robe is just cozy for me. I was drying my hair when I heard the deep voices. "I don't give a fuck. I was patient enough," I heard Dom saying. "Dom," I heard my brother huff the way he often has to with his friend. 

A heavy knock settled on the door. Oh great. 

"Yeah?" I called out not wanting to go to the door to actually let anyone in. That doesn't stop Domani De Luca. He just walked right in. I pinched my robe tighter and scoffed at him. "Um, hello? Did I say you could come in?!" 

I could see Elio just outside the door, but I couldn't read his expression.

        "I gave you two weeks. Enough," Dom's voice was as strong and deep as ever. I dropped the towel and walked out of my bathroom to meet him in my actual bedroom. "Enough what exactly?" I didn't understand what he wanted. 

"Mia, I walked in and found you bloody and battered and you haven't let me talk to you since. Can I be a normal fucking human being and have a conversation with you to just see if you're alright?!" He sounded mad, but he always does. 

"Since when are you a normal human being?" I chuckled without meaning to. Dom asked me once to stay away from him, but that rule only seems to apply when it's me not him. 

        "Mia," he gave me that infamous warning. "I'm fine now," I gave him an answer. Not a true one but whatever. "Bullshit. You've been hiding in your room for two weeks," he called me out. "I looked like the hunchback of Notre Dame, can I have a few weeks to heal?" I crossed my arms over my chest then flinched at the wince of pain. 

"Oh yeah, you're fine" he called me out when he saw it.

        I think I've gone from depressed to dismissive. Or maybe even sassy. Angry? What am I? "Elio, don't you want us away from each other? Now would be a great time to invoke that," I deadpanned. Dom rounded his shoulders and I knew the fire flickered behind his eyes. 

"Mia, I get his point. He's just checking in. He is the one who found you," my brother shrugged. Awesome. When I need him to go all agro brother he seems to suddenly be understanding. 

Dom swiped his tattooed hand down his dark stubble. It always makes that scratchy sound against his rough palms. He's in casual wear today, which looks good on him. He's in a pair of black joggers, fitted soft black tee, and black running shoes. His hair is soft and not styled at all. Just a dark tuft of hair that matches everything else about him. 

        "Mia, we need to talk to you about your father," Dom finally said. It made my gut flip in a nauseating way. He saw my immediate shift in both my body language and demeanor. "Come here," he waved me over to the bed. I walked over and sat on the edge of the mattress while Dom and Elio stood in front of me. 

I started picking at the tie around the robe. 

"He's been hiding out for the past two weeks because I'm sure he knows we'll want to get our hands on him," my brother told me. "What about mom? What does she know about all this?" I asked him. He just shook his head.