Chapter 64

Dom did everything right today. He brought me to the garment district where I got to take IG pictures next to the popular button statue known there. We walked down the Fashion Walk of Fame, where he agreed he'd see a plaque of my name one day as a designer.

We went down to the infamous staircase of the fabulous Mrs. Carrie Bradshaw. I posed for plenty of pictures there too,

    My favorites being the playful kisses and dips Dom granted me.

        After all that he took me to a trendy restaurant and of course he knew someone who worked there. He always seems to know all these impressive people. I commented on that once last year when he knew the chefs at the place he took me to eat.

He shrugged it off, but it's true. He knows a lot of people and they're all so willing to do him favors. I wonder what they gain in return? Maybe staying in his good graces?

The restaurant was cool and the food was delicious. After we left dinner he took me to a spot close by our apartment building where sunsets are a popular attraction there. I've actually come with my brother once and it was really nice. But this is just downright romantic today.

        We sat together and just looked at the sky in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. The blue had turned to a dusky color and soon the sun bled out to pinkish orange across the sky. Slowly the sun started to dip on the horizon.

    I was under Dom's arm as we watched. Occasionally his thumb would brush over my bare shoulder, or he'd rub down then up my back to replace his arm where it's been. Subtle movements that felt good and that only made me crave more. He's earned it. I just haven't told him that yet.

In the quiet and peace I had a thought.

    "I think I might go to therapy" I admitted out loud for the first time.

        I felt Dom's head move back on his neck so he could look at me, but I continued to look forward. "It certainly wouldn't hurt," he told me tentatively. "Now that I've healed my body I would like to heal my mind, and my heart" I told him honestly, only I muttered the last part. I've been thinking that, I just haven't told anyone yet.

Not that it's a secret to work on your mental health. I just hadn't opened up to anyone about it yet. Not Sophia and not my brother.

    Dom gave me a light squeeze and for a second I thought he might not say anything else about it, but he'd just taken a second's pause to think about what he'd say next.

"Leave the last one to me. You focus on your mind" he pressed his lips to my temple. My heart raced at his words. My chest fluttered at his kiss. "Yeah?" I practically whispered. He was quiet again.

Orange melded into yellowish gold on the horizon, pink fluffed out in cotton candy streaks above head. The sky was dimming with every passing minute.

        "Don't make me sound like a pansy ass bitch repeating that shit again. But..yeah" he practically cringed at himself, which made me laugh and look up at him. His large palm covered my face so I wouldn't look at him, and he tucked me into the crook of his neck with a tighter hold on me.

"Well, pansy ass, that just earned you a whole lot of touching, so maybe a little cuteness isn't so bad. Mhm." I nudged him. "Oh? How much touching?" He let me pull away from  the crook of his neck. Not without me kissing it first.

I felt his fingers dig into me at the feeling of my mouth there. I hummed in thought while my eyes darted around his handsome face. He'd slipped his sunglasses off a while ago, so his intense gaze was a breath in front of me. He looks hot right now for no reason at all.