Chapter 43

When Anthony pulled up to the curb it couldn't have been at a worse time than this. Not only was Elio standing there but so was Dom and Alessandro. They were with some man and they had been pointing to the side of the building where I heard the shooting happened, and pointing around the street...but upon recognizing both the sleek car and me they all paused. "Shit," Anthony chuckled. "Not funny" I quickly looked at him. "It's alright, Mia. I'll handle it," he assured me. "What if they hurt you," I was nervous to even step out of the car now that I saw all three sets of eyes burning into us through the windshield. 

"I know how to take a punch. Don't worry, sweetheart," he so calmly assured me. How is he this calm? Does he not fear them at all? I was under the impression that most people did. 

        Elio was the first to bound over and when he opened my passenger side door he leaned down to face Anthony. "What the fuck are you doing with my sister again, Rizzo" he barked at him, which made me flinch down in the seat I was still in. "Your sister got robbed. I handled it" he deadpanned. Elio's eyes snapped down to me. "What?! What happened?" He quickly asked me. "Did you have your men with you?" He added. 

I nodded yes, but explained that his men were outside and the theft was inside. They left after Anthony scooped me up. I explained the whole fake fainting and how I was tricked.

"I panicked...it's my rent-a-bag and I'm responsible for damages or losses. Anyways, Anthony helped me. Elio, he bought me a new bag, so we should pay him for it," I told him and glanced over at Anthony who was giving me a look. "How much?" my brother asked him. "It's nothing, don't worry about it," Anthony waved him off. "It's not nothing! It's 3,900," I told him outright. 

        "Mia" Anthony huffed at me. "I wanted to do it. Just leave it alone, Elio," he grabbed the wheel and looked away from us. "Well, I can't exactly yell at you for helping my sister," Elio looked conflicted. "You aren't yelling at anyone. Go look at more bullet holes with your friends," I waved him off. He glared at me for my snarkiness. "Come on, let's go," Elio waved for me to get out of the car. I looked back at Anthony. "Thank you again...for everything," I smiled softly at him. "It's nothing sweetheart," he nodded to me. I obviously wouldn't kiss him in front of them, so I just left the car after that.

        That's when I saw Dom and Alessandro really staring Rizzo down. Alesandro quickly glanced at me and back at his cousin Dom. Son of a bitch. It was him who told Elio and Dom about me and Rizzo. That asshole promised me. Anthony didn't linger. When he drove off their deep stares turned onto me. I was clutching the Chanel shopping bag and Dom's blue eyes dropped to it. "Mia got robbed of her purse from some scammers," Elio filled in the blank. "Shit, are you alright?" Ale asked me. I turned my nose up at him. "Don't talk to me. I'm pissed at you," I said outright in front of everyone. He frowned. 

"What the hell, why?" He dared to ask me. "I know it's you who told these two about me and Anthony. You promised" I scowled at him. He cringed at my words. "You promised?" My brother arched his brow. "Okay, I did tell Dom, but I didn't tell Elio, he did," he thumbed back at his cousin whose eyes were burning a hole into the side of my head. He hadn't said a word though.

"Oh so you weren't planning on telling me?" Elio called him out. Ale huffed and slapped his hands at his sides. "Sorry Mia, but it's for your own good anyway. Rizzo is a troublemaker," he told me. I scoffed in his face. "And the three of you aren't?! Anthony has actually been nothing but nice and actually helpful, so keep your opinions to yourselves," I turned my chin up again and motioned to stomp off. A hand caught me before I could.

        "Dom" I heard my brother use a warningful tone. It was Dom's hand that shot out and grabbed my arm to stop me. Alessandro gave his cousin the eyes. Dom turned his head down to me and for a single tense moment he stared deeply into me in a way that made me swallow. With his hold on my arm he pulled me against him and his head moved slightly downward. My heart beat out of my chest because I had no idea what he was about to do. The other two must have felt the same because both my brother and Ale said, "Dom" in warning once again.