Chapter 68 (Dom's POV)

I was trying to get her to listen to me. I needed her to understand that none of that meant shit to me. That I will fix this. Giana isn't pregnant. She can't be. She likes the drama of it all. I'll fix it. "Domani" I kept hearing my damn cousin trying to get me to leave. 

I'm not fucking leaving until this is fixed or this is gonna end up just like everything else we never resolved. She'd run away from it and we'd go weeks, even months without fixing it. I'll fix it. 

"She's lying," I blurted out. Mia looked at me with this expression that showed me just how disgusted she was in me. I hated it. "No, she isn't. I know a woman's face when she's telling the truth. She's telling the truth. She's worried," she told me in a spiteful tone.

 I don't know where Sophia was, but she'd been quiet this whole time, which is unlike her. As for my cousin I could feel him right behind me trying to lead me away. 

         "I'm so dumb. I thought I was special when all you wanted was to raw dog it for your own pleasure," she started off sad, but snarled by the end of it. "You know that isn't true." I didn't just do it because it felt good. I wanted there to be no barrier and she wanted that too. I was claiming her every time I came inside her. I'd been the only man to do it and I wanted it to stay that way.

  And I fucked it up. I didn't only do it with her. She saved herself for me and I fucked it up over what?! Some revenge plot against the fucking Irish prick.

He must be laughing in hell. He must be overjoyed that my fucking his ex fiance would in turn push the girl I'm with away. I took his girl and he's taking mine. Fuck

        "Mia, say something. You know that isn't true," I had to repeat myself because I feel like she's not hearing me here. "Please leave" she turned away. She turned her back towards me. I came and pulled her against me. Her back flush against my front, and I brought my mouth to her ear so I could speak without these other fucking people in our business. 

"I was a different person when we weren't speaking, Mia. I was in a dark fucking place. Don't count those times towards what we started up now," I spoke softly in her ear, but I didn't like the sound of my voice. I fucking hate this shit. 

"And what did we start up now, Dom? Every time I think I have you I get a slap right to the face when I find out how very wrong and stupid I was." She had so much venom in her tone, but I still had her held against me. She hadn't pushed me off yet. 

"You're not stupid. That whole thing was stupid. All of that was stupid," I tried to explain.

        Say what you need to say Dom.  The words were stuck in my throat. I wasn't saying the right things here. She started shoving me off and I squeezed her tighter. "Get off!!! God, Dom, get out!!" She started shouting at me. Alessandro pried my arms off her even though I just wanted to talk in her ear and have her fucking hear me. To really hear me. 

        "Mia" I tried one more time. She walked into the bathroom and Alessandro's hold made her slip right through my fingers. When the door shut I tried for the handle, but she'd locked it so quickly. "Fuck. Mia, come on" I was so god damn frustrated. 

"Out Dom. I'm not playing around," Sophia's voice suddenly emerged from behind me. She shoved her body between me and the door and crossed her arms. I fisted my hair. 

This is really happening again. I can't fucking breathe. My chest started heaving again. The same familiar flame ignited in my gut. No. I can't stand the heat burning me from the inside out. I've already fucking done this.