Chapter 66 (Dom's POV)

My sister Isabella was having a few people over for whatever reason. She was whining that I should come, but I honestly had no interest. Until she bargained with me and told me Sophia could bring her friend, her friend being Mia. How she knows I would want that, I don't know. But I huffed and agreed. It's not often that there are actual events where her and I would be at the same place. 

It's always private hang outs at home which I'm not at all complaining about, or if I take her somewhere that again, no one knows about.

Elio has a date tonight, so I know Isabella didn't invite him. 

For that reason I know I can be here with the girl and not have it become some dramatic thing. That is, until I walked into my sister's apartment and remembered that Giana would be here. Of course she would, she's friends with Isabella. Fuck.

        Isabella lives alone. She's always been a very independent person. Sophia and her are basically opposites. Sophia and my mother still live together, and shop together, and go eat at all the fancy places around New York. Isabella is more low key and not as bubbly. 

Mia was already here and sitting with Sophia in the corner. They were talking amongst themselves so they hadn't noticed me coming in. It was about six women and four dudes. Most of whom I know.

The first pair of eyes to settle on me were Giana's. I'd been avoiding her ever since the Conry event got a little too intense. That was over a month ago now, but trust me when I saw she's tried to come around. She showed up at my club with tiny dresses and kept trying to find me hanging around. 

I haven't been hanging around though because I've mostly been with Mia. She texted. She called. She sent me nudes. I had to tell her to back off because if Mia saw those nudes she'd get the wrong idea.

        When I told Giana I wasn't interested in her sending me those she immediately jumped to, "Why? Are you dating Mia?" I don't know if the girl keeps tabs on me or if it was just common sense, but I told her yeah and to leave me alone. So, we'll see. 

Sure, I've known Giana a long time, but Mia knows her and I fucked around a lot and I know she'd be upset if I continued to casually hang around the girl because she's in my inner circle. I don't know who I am anymore for caring about something like that, but here we are.

        "Domani," Isabella stood from the table she had set up with finger foods and drinks. She came and gave me a hug even though I never hug them back, and started leading me further into the apartment. The men bowed their heads in respect and Enzo was there, who is Giana's brother and my buddy. 

He came over to slap my back and say hello, but my eyes glided past him to the girl in the corner with her green eyes locked on me. She smiled and I wanted to fucking kiss her. Damn her.

"I needa say a few hellos," I patted Enzo on the shoulder and moved past him. Giana cut in and quietly she said, "Dom, can I speak to you for a minute?" I couldn't decipher her expression, but Giana is a spitfire, so if she's mad she'll make trouble for me tonight. 

Still I saw Mia's eyes land on Giana and I just quickly moved past her. Ignoring her.

        "Hello Domani," Sophia hopped up and hugged my arm. Again I don't even hug them but whatever they're my little sisters. "Hi," Mia's soft breathy voice made my cock already twitch. I sat down beside her and leaned into her ear. 

"What? No hug?" I teased her for not following my sister's lead. "I thought I would ruin your reputation," she whispered back in amusement. "A kiss then?" I found myself asking.