Chapter 63

Dom surprised me last night when he called to ask me if I was free today. He told me he wanted to take me out. He didn't specifically use the word 'date', but what else would 'take you out' imply? It gave me butterflies and every time I've thought about it since I feel the rapture inside me.

He didn't tell me where he was taking me no matter how much I whined about it. I did get him to tell me one thing. What outfit I should wear for this. I asked if heels or flatter shoes would be better. Dress or more casual. He answered with, "there will be a bit of walking so up to you on the shoes. And as for outfit...you might feel inspired to take a photo or two. But casual."

He didn't elaborate! He just told me I'd wanna take pictures. What the hell does that mean?! I've been so curious all night and morning long. Ugh.

        I had to call reinforcements because I tried on so many outfits and nothing felt right. "Babes, what are you worried about here? You've worn all sorts of clothes in front of him and you dress fabulous every day" Sophia tried snapping me out of it after 30 minutes of me pacing my closet.

"Yeah, but it's the first time he's taking me out on, like, a date. I just wanna look good, but he said casually, and walking...I'm having a meltdown" I finally plopped down on my bed. My best friend just looked down at me with a half amused smile. "Not funny," I mumbled into my mattress. 

"No, I'm happy for you. I like that this is your biggest issue to face this week. Outfits. I feel like things are turning a corner for you," Sophia smiled and this time so did I.

        She's right. No more scary ex's, no detectives, or looming mob wars, and especially no abusive dad's. I had to always second guess my every decision in life looking over my shoulder for him. I'm not hiding. I'm free. And Dom finally opened up to me about his feelings. He doesn't want us seeing other people. My biggest worry in life is my outfit. All feels right in the world.

        "Um, hi, super cute head scarf. When did you get this bitch? You always send me your new purchases!" Sophia exclaimed like I betrayed her. "Oh, that was an impromptu purchase online" I chuckled. "Love it, let's incorporate this into the outfit" she started trying to wrap the thing around my head. I waved her hand off. "I'll do it."

I do listen to her though. My best friend is just hanging out in my bedroom and still she looks fabulous. Blonde hair twirled up in a clip. Bandeau tie top, and frayed jean cut off shorts. Of course with designer bags and shoes to match.

        "I like your vibe today. Let's go with something like that. Low block heel, strappy maybe? Oh, and I have that pinkish rouge top slip dress. AH, I got it" I popped off the bed and brushed past her. I started pulling clothes and once they were all laid out on my bed side by side we both nodded in approval. "Yes, girl, this" Sophia bumped hips with me.

"When is he coming to get you?" Soph looked at the time. "Oh crap," the answer was 'soon'.

-

         Thanks to the collaboration between myself and my best friend I had the perfect outfit for this casual outing with Dom. I was excited and stupidly almost nervous. I had gorgeous designer sunglasses the same soft pink as the checkered head scarf and checkered mini bag I have from Neiman Marcus. 

With the mini dress and white block wrap around low heels I thought I looked alright.

        Dom didn't bother texting, he just walked down from his apartment to retrieve me from the door. So when I heard the knock my gut flipped in anticipation. I opened the door and caught Dom smoothing his hair over. His sharp eyes snapped down to me and he straightened himself out.