Chapter 31

When I put my very drunk brother to bed I lost track of where his best friend had gone. Exiting the bedroom I caught a glimpse of him in my kitchen having a glass of water. I was frustrated that this is how my night ended. With him somehow. I decided not to stay silent about all this. I stomped in front of where he was casually leaning against my counter, folding my arms over my chest to scowl at the man. His blue eyes snapped down to look at me. He can't help himself, his eyes trailed the length of my body before returning to my face.

        "What the hell was all that about?!" I hissed at him. He was the one scowling now, and I hate that even now he can look this good. Sexy dark stubble, all black outfit, and inked hands around a half glass of water he'd stopped at his lips. "What?" He played dumb. "You're the reason Anthony got kicked out. There's no way they did that without your permission! And you're the one making Elio go home. You texted me didn't you? He was too drunk to send me those messages," I shouted at him, low so I wouldn't wake up my brother. 

"I texted from his phone because he was too drunk to do it himself. Doesn't mean he didn't actually need to go home," his tone was clipped. "Then why couldn't you just bring him home?! What purpose did I have here?!" I wasn't going to let him get away with this.

Dom's jaw tensed like it always does when he's trying to control his temper. "Why did you have Anthony thrown out, Dom? He's your friend," I pointed out. "I didn't. He must've done something," he lied to my face. It made me so mad. I stepped forward and shoved him. I couldn't help it.

        "You're lying! Why did you do it Dom?!" Now his nostrils were flaring too, but he just bulked out his chest and let me shove him again. "Answer me! Don't freaking lie to me! Why did you have Anthony kicked out?! And why did you make me leave with you guys?!" 

Finally he snapped. He grabbed my wrists to stop me from shoving him and used his hold to pull me against him. "Why the fuck were you kissing him in MY fucking club?" He growled in my face. I flinched back. "Why shouldn't I?!" I scoffed. Dom wouldn't let me out of his hold, so I was pressed against him and forced to tip my head back in order to see his sharp jaw and angry eyes.

        "Don't play fucking stupid with me, Mia. I don't have the patience for it. You're lucky that's all I did," his face came lower. "You were practically having sex with Giana the last time?! And you were kissing some chick tonight, so please explain to me why I specifically can't kiss somebody in a club?!" 

He's the one playing stupid here not me. Dom's hand came to my jaw and brought my face an inch closer. He was stiff and defensive, so he looked larger somehow. His expression would send a man running in fear, yet I'm here with his hand controlling my head's movement, and all I feel is conflicted. I need to take a step back.

        Our chests were moving faster than they needed to. "Anthony Rizzo is a piece of shit. If Elio had been in his right mind he wouldn't have let you even dance with him, nevermind shove your tongue in his mouth. These are MY men, Mia. I don't want you touching a single one of them," he snapped at me. I pulled my face harshly out of his grasp. 

"So not only do you want me to stay away from you and your establishments, now you want me to stay away from all the mobsters of New York?! Do you honestly hate me that fucking much!!" I was shouting at full volume now.

"Mia," his tone was that low warning. Warning of what?! "Tell me Dom. Go ahead and scream in my face again about how much you hate me and regret me!! If you regret me then why are you meddling in my affairs anymore?! Why am I still having you keep me away from other guys!!"

"Because I can," he snapped. 

        "You have no right!! Fuck you, Dom," I shoved him hard and tried turning for my bedroom. I was shaking with anger right now. I knew I needed to step away. Dom had other plans. "Fuck me?!" His deep dark voice repeated my words. I was suddenly being pulled backwards, until my back hit Dom's front. He grabbed my neck to keep me in place and pressed his lips against my ear from behind me. "Fuck me, Mia?" I could feel his chest heaving with the same kind of anger that was coursing through me.