Chapter 57

My heart was beating right out of my chest. Dom had thrown me off guard and burst in here asking about my trip to London. I didn't understand why he was so angry about it. I didn't know why he was practically shivering with anger and...what else is that? Panic? No. 

When he kicked my nightstand over my drawer fell out and spilled all kinds of random things. The most embarrassing being the note cards I've kept over the past year and a few months I've known Dom. He knew I liked him. I was pissed he even made me say it. 

"You're the one that left Dom. YOU" I had to remind him. 

I couldn't stand the continuous banging on the front door, so I walked past Dom and opened it. Poor Alessandro huffed in relief and at the same time Elio was coming out with more than a towel this time. 

        "Dom, what's going on? Why did you just flip out?" Elio asked him. His eyes were fixed on me though, and it only made my heart beat faster. "He thought Mia was leaving again," Alessandro spoke to my brother since Dom wasn't. 

My head snapped over to him and back at Dom. He flipped out because he thought I was moving? When Dom noticed all our eyes on him he didn't like it.

        "You're the one that left me," I muttered out in confusion. Why would he care if I left? Isn't that what he wanted? For me to stay away? God, he's so confusing and my heart is aching in my chest right now while I'm looking at him. 

It's like we'd all been in the crossroads here and nobody said anything. Not until I muttered those words out and then something snapped inside Dom again. He shoved at the sofa and slapped his hand against the window. 

        "You know what Mia, I'm sick of you playing the sad heart broken one. YOU BROKE ME FIRST. You don't even fucking see it because you're too busy making me the fucking bad guy. I'M the one who came back to you first. I flew to fucking Paris just to get a goddamn glimpse of you. And I'M  the one who kept coming back. If I wouldn't reach out first you'd let us not talk for weeks. I had to always call. I had to always send you gifts just wanting to make you fucking happy. Because it's all I could do with the distance YOU caused us. Do you hear how fucking pathetic that sounds? How pathetic I sound," his chest was heaving and his eyes were turning dark, but filled with something new to me.

Domani De Luca started screaming 9 months worth of pent up shit in my face and all Elio, myself, and Alessandro could do was stand there dumbfounded.  

        "I let your brother punch me in the face repeatedly just to show him I meant it when I said I was gonna bring you back with me and date you. But YOU said NO! YOU SAID NO" he was shoving at things, and his chest was moving so quickly to catch his breath, that I just found myself walking forward to settle him in place. 

He grabbed me, placing his forehead on mine unexpectedly. "I needed you to say yes," his voice came out the lowest I've ever heard it. 

        Tears were rolling silently down my cheeks just hearing his words and seeing his pain. Because that's what was showing through his eyes today. Pain. He's right. I really hurt him. That's why he reacted that way. 

"I wasn't saying no," I fisted his shirt, but didn't remove our foreheads. His eyes were closed while he was catching his breath.

"I can't breathe, Mia. It physically fucking hurts to be in the same room as you. I can't breathe," he tried stepping away from me. I grabbed him desperately. 

Only when we turned did I remember Elio was even there. He stood there in shock I think. He wasn't even trying to yell at us. Dom wouldn't stop heading for the door though, and it felt like a replay of our past. A moment that ruined everything. I can't let him walk out again this time.