Chapter 40

I was pleased to receive a text message from Riccardo showing me a picture of how the suit ended up fitting. He looked great and I told him so. I bet he blushed about it. He doesn't mean to but he usually does. I had a busy week between the photoshoot and the Prada event I had gone to. 

Since it was now Saturday I decided some lounging was in order and I did something I love doing. I plopped on the sofa and turned on my favorite tv show. Sex and the City.

        It was the episode where Carrie cheats on Aiden with Mr. Big. Something about that semi toxic relationship between Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big reminded me of Dom and myself. They seem to be magnets to one another even if it isn't always in a good way. 

They just always come back to one another no matter what relationship either of them are in or what events originally broke them apart. After years of back and forth and a lot of turmoil and heart break Carrie did get her happy ending with that man.

But is that even realistic for someone like me? Probably not seeing as Carrie at least got Mr. Big into relationships with her. I hadn't even been as successful before he walked out on me. Now Domani De Luca is preventing mafia princess weddings and sleeping with the same girl. And I guess I'm now sort of sleeping with that girl's cousin. That sounds tv show worthy if you really think about it.

         I thought back to last night's Prada event and how I ran into Julien who was doing Karl's PR. He tried to flirt and I still find him extremely handsome, but I just don't feel the spark that I need to. I think he read that vibe off of me because although he was originally happy to see me he eventually got into full work mode and left me mostly alone.

 I don't mean to be this way but I'm clearly a little messed up in the head.

Instead of wanting the successful and decent man I want the trouble of a mobster. Two of them now. With Dom I have to let that go, but with Anthony? What will happen now? He's texted me throughout the week, so he didn't just fuck me and dump me...which I honestly anticipated. 

I doubt he wants a relationship nor do I think I'm even ready for one. Still, maybe I will get into a steady hookup situation with him the way Dom has with Giana.

        When I got a package called up to the apartment I got so excited because I knew exactly what it was. My rent-a-bag I had selected this week. A Chanel Valentine heart motif chain handbag with a yellow/green canvas. This purse is $3,906 and I love the brand, but this is why I can't buy many things from there. The prices run so steep. Still I thought the bag was adorable and had already pulled an outfit to go with it.

Now I need an excuse to leave the house just so I can wear it. I kept the box I would ship it back in and pulled the purse I instantly liked. I always rub my bag like it's my child I adorn for. Hm, where can I go to justify wearing an outfit and showing off the bag today? 

Sophia is away for the weekend with friends, so I don't exactly have any other friends here to hang out with.

        I guess the BlackHeart crew are my friends, but I'm terrible at keeping up with them. I seem to have a detached style personality when it comes to keeping friends. Sophia has been the exception, but I always lose track of friends over time. In France I had a good group of girlfriends, but that was a temporary arrangement. Though we do still text the girls and Facetime once in a while.

I guess I don't need to meet up with anyone in particular. I could just go out by myself. I'm supposed to let those bodyguards know when I plan to leave the house. That's under Elio's orders. I won't protest it either because clearly these are truly dangerous times and I would be stupid to refuse the protection.