Epilogue (Mia)

We were all at Dom's apartment this morning. Him, my brother, me, Alessandro, and two of his other cousins who work alongside them in the family business. There was no actual reason for me to be there. They discussed shipments and things I had no understanding of, but Dom let me come meet his cousins and I really liked that. 

I'm his girlfriend now, and meeting the De Luca's on a more official basis had me blushing and giddy.

        I was standing in front of Dom's counter after just having finished making everyone coffee and myself too. Ale was leaning on the same surface looking at his two cousins who were talking amongst themselves. Its morning and yet they're all in suits. My new norm. 

Elio walked into the room and I watched curiously as he headed so decidedly to Dom. 

Then he punched him in the face. 

I almost choked on my coffee. "Elio!" I gasped at the same time that Dom was grabbing his jaw. "What the fuck was that?" He growled at my brother. "You said I could punch you once a month for dating my sister," Elio deadpanned.

"That was a fucking joke," Dom glared my brothers way. 

       Elio had this shit eating grin on. "Was it?" He asked his best friend sarcastically. I walked over to them just to be sure no actual fists fly. Smiling up at Dom sheepishly I asked, "still worth it?" The corner of his lip tipped up, which turned my sheepish smile to a real one. 

Dom put his arm around me, pulling me to his side while still looking at my brother. "Yup," he answered matter of factly. It warmed me insides in more than one way. "Elio, please don't keep punching my boyfriend though. Seriously," I looked at him pointedly. 

        "Aw, look at Domani. Cute, softie boyfriend," one of his cousins teased him. He looks a lot like Alessandro minus the toothpick. In the blink of an eye, Dom withdrew his gun and a gunshot rang out. "OH MY GOD," I gasped when the bullet went into the guys foot. 

"Am I still soft now, Giovanni?" Dom asked with a straight face. Gio was groaning and grabbing at his foot. "Dom! Are you insane?!" I couldn't believe he just shot his cousin.

"I know how to aim. It was a warning shot. Didn't touch him," he sucked his teeth. "He's bleeding!" I kindly pointed out. "Well, I nicked his toe. Probably the second one if my aim is still as good. He'll be alright," Dom kissed the top of my head. 

His other cousins were cracking up laughing. Crazy. All of them. 

"Anybody else wanna comment on my relationship?" Dom asked the room. They all put their hands up in surrender.

-

        Dom had some bags lined up in the foyer. When I looked at them he noticed and explained, "I cleaned some of my closet out." I nodded, moving past them. "Oh good. You should donate the stuff if it's still good quality," I suggested. "Yeah, you can handle that," he deadpanned, the least bit interested. 

"I have more room in my closet now," he added. "Ooo, why? Are you going shopping?" My eyes twinkled. I would love to buy him some suits and other more casual wear. Stylishly.

"Nah," he looked annoyed somehow, "there's space now," he reiterated. "I know. I comprehend this," I chuckled. We'd entered the foyer, but I was paused just beyond the bags unbuckling my heel. He grumbled, "Clearly you don't." 

        When I got closer to him he started looking away from me. I know this behavior. "What is it?" I tried to get him to look at me. His hands had been in his pockets, but they slid out and touched my waist to hold me there. He can't help himself.