Chapter 58

My feelings of confusion and conflict never dissipated. Dom screamed all that at me and disappeared. I haven't heard from him since. He's hiding from both Elio and myself I'm sure. He showed vulnerability and he hated it. 

Because I couldn't deal with Dom I couldn't deal with Anthony Rizzo. Since he knew I had a work trip I was able to stretch the time I'd be away from him. I'm not being fair to him, but I'm honestly so confused and I just need time to figure this all out. 

I wanted to be with Dom, and I thought that was over the day he slammed that door in my face. 

Now that new facts are coming to light I'm not sure if that door is permanently closed anymore. It's always been Dom. I've always wanted Dom. 

And I know that isn't fair to Anthony who's asked me more than once if there was something going on there, but to be fair, I honestly thought at the time that I was telling the truth. That we were so over. 

Dom has said so many conflicting things that I don't want to get stuck on this either. Dom needs to decide what is true for him.  Is Mia Fiore nothing to him? He needs to tell me.

        I was actually glad I had this work trip. I needed the space to think and process and it gave Dom time to do the same. It was a great trip overall. If I don't include all the times my mind wandered to Dom and my heart clenched. Aside from that, the Cartier event was a lot of fun. 

I wore this quirky outfit with the hat to match and Karl had a good time showing me off and surprising me when he said Cartier wanted to work with me on the new launch. They want me and Karl to be a part of it. 

Photoshoots, advertisements, Mia Fiore the face of the new [Un] matched line. 

They gifted me a ring after the event which was stunning and certainly out of my price range. That means there is more work to come and I'm excited for it. 

          London was great and the events were great, but my mind was left here in New York. Or maybe my heart. I left a piece of me in New York, so even though I had a great and successful weekend, I have never wanted to go home more in my life than I did on my way back to New York. Home.

 Yeah, I guess I finally do consider New York my home.

-

        This was the first time I came into JFK airport and a bulldog man with a sign wasn't waiting there for me to drive me home. That's because Karl had his team arrange for my transportation. There was still a man with a sign, just a different man with a different sign. I had called my brother to tell him I landed and he told me he was working...but I wanted to know where Dom was. 

Now that we've had some time apart I want to talk to him. I chickened out when thinking of asking Elio where his best friend was. Instead I texted Alessandro even though he lost my trust when he went and told Dom about Anthony, who in turn told my brother about it. 

*Alessandro: He's home. I'm actually with him. We're about to go meet up with your brother* he told me. My heart skipped a beat because I was now home in the same building. I wanted to see him and I asked Alessandro what he thought about that. *Alessandro: Come up.* 

I stared at the message while my nerves filled me up inside. Should I go face him? How much longer are we going to keep waiting to address the things we've both been denying for ten damn months. It's time.

        When I went up to the penthouse the elevator pinged when the doors were opening. I heard Dom' deep voice say, "Who the fuck is that?" Which means Alessandro didn't warn him that I would be coming up. Dom was already walking halfway across the apartment to confront whoever just came into his home uninvited.