Sneak peek

Roses & Ruin is on my page already! This is the upcoming story of Anthony Rizzo and a brand new character Lexi Petrov. 

Here's a sneak peek...CH 3

         When you love to read but don't have the money to support your habit, you'll end up finding creative ways to get your hands on a book. For me, that's the 'give a book-take a book' little shelves they have around the community to exchange books for free. They look like little houses with shelves and a door and inside are books of all kinds. 

In the inner city they aren't as easy to come by, but in the residential areas, especially the richer kind, you can find plenty.

My recent favorite location is outside of a middle school. I hit the jackpot today and found the Chuck Palahniuk book called Fight Club. I've read it before, but it's a fun read for me. The twist at the end still gets me every time. It was so well done.

 I sat in the grass beside this book exchange mailbox thingy, right outside the school and I started reading. In fact, I have no idea how long I'd been reading before a voice interrupted me.

        "I think smoking on school grounds is frowned upon" the deep voice brought me out of my little world. I'm convinced those who don't like to read are those that can't picture the entire story like a movie behind their eyes while they're reading it. I see the whole thing play out as I read. Bloody knuckles and harsh concrete slipped away when the voice brought me forward.

I had in fact been smoking on school property. The cigarette had been dangling from my lips.

        The man was in a sharp suit. He had a nice head of dark hair and soft hazel eyes. I could see them under the ray of sun shine across his face from where he stood on the sidewalk. I noticed right away that he took care of his body. His shoulders are broad and I can see the fabric clinging around generous muscle.

This man in the sharp suit had nice bone structure, it's what made him handsome, but what made him hot was his demeanor. He stopped in front of me and slid his hands into his pant pockets with a proud chest and a troublemaker's smirk.

I took the cigarette from my lips and released the smoke.

"Is it?" I asked sarcastically. 

He's got some stubble on his face. He's definitely older than me, but I don't know by how much. His skin is olive toned, it's smooth flesh. And a sharp jaw. I smirked when his eyes dropped to my mouth as I removed the cigarette from it. Then his eyes dropped even further to the book in my lap.

        "Fight Club, huh?" He seemed amused, though I don't know why. "You can read. Good for you" I again smiled sarcastically. I'm what most men consider 'beautiful', so I've been dealing with guys for a long time. Even with me being so young they always flirted, they always tried to charm me. 

They see a model and feel entitled to her like she herself is an advertisement. So, I know how to handle men like this man in front of me.

"Yup, I've read the whole book, actually. Except for the big words, I had to sound those out" he retorted playfully to my sarcasm. It actually made me laugh, which made him smirk again. His eyes scanned over my sitting body in the grass, and all over my face, but they dropped to my lips again. I have very plush, very pink lips.

        "What's your favorite part?" I decided to ask this man in the sharp suit. I was challenging him to see if he was actually familiar with the book at all. Actually, he probably watched the movie. "The twist ending. Yours?" His answer doesn't give away much on whether it were the book versus the movie, but I'll answer him anyway.