15/Oaklee

4 days, 16 weeks

I groan before opening my eyes

I groan before opening my eyes. A blurry figure is sitting in a chair beside me. I try to look around the room but everything is spinning.

  "Oaklee." The voice sounds far, so far.

  I blink a few times, my vision clearing a little. I look at my body, seeing an IV sticking out of my arm.

  "Oaklee."

  I whip my head towards the voice,  my vision momentarily becoming blurry again. I blink some more.

  "Leo." I say, reaching my arms for him but he doesn't move towards me.

  "What's wrong?" I ask, my hands immediately flying to my bump.

  "You just got food poisoning, so far the baby is healthy." He says and I feel like a huge pressure gets taken off of me.

'So far'. How long until it isn't?

  I let out a cry of relief, it was like something clicked inside him because he was by my side in a flash.

  "Oh god, baby." He says, his throat closing as tears well in his eyes.

  "I'm scared." I admit, sounding so small but I can't help it. I don't want to help it.

"It'll be okay, it has to be." He says, rubbing my sides.

I nod against his shoulder.

Chills cover my body once again. Leo's arms tighten on me and he rubs my body like that will get rid of it.

  There was a knock before a head popped in. An old, kind looking women walked in with scrubs on, her fragile frame almost made me smile.

  "Hi, I'm Dr. Rodrigues. I'm glad to see you're awake now. Do you have any questions before I start?" She says, smiling.

  I shake my head.

  "Okay, well to start off, it is food poisoning, I'm not sure how much you're husband has told you. Baby is looking completely fine and it seems you could probably just sleep it out. There will be times where you'll most likely have a hard time to fall asleep, the shaking and nausea, but I don't want to have you on any medications that aren't necessary. I want you here for one more night of observation and then you'll be good to go tomorrow. If you start bleeding, you should come back immediately."

  I nod my head, taking in the information and watch as she asks if we have anymore questions then leaving.

  I should have done what I always do, run a thorough background check on the restaurant, maybe looked at the reviews. I didn't and now I'm paying the price for it.

  I shake my head before moving to my side, I curl, the best I could, into a ball. Leo lays, curling into me with his arms holding me.

  I keep waiting for the moment where he decides I'm not good enough. I'm scared that we will end up like that foster parents.