33/Leonadas

6 days, 33 weeks.

 "I apologize but if you were planning on getting the epidural, you are too far along to have it

"I apologize but if you were planning on getting the epidural, you are too far along to have it. You're at 9cm, you will be needing to push at any minute now." Dr. Murphy says, fixing her gloves.

Oaklee looks at me with fear evident in her eyes. My mind goes completely blank. I'm not sure what to say, what to do, how to think.

All I can do, is hold her hand and push back hair from her sweaty forehead. I'm really rethinking the big family thing.

I have Giovanni and Jay outside the door just in case. The mission with the American mafia was successful but I don't want to risk it.

"Okay, it's time." Dr. Murphy sings with a smile on her face as she situates herself in between Oaklee's knees.

"On the count of three?" She says, looking up at Oaklee.

Oaklee nods, tightening her grip on my hand as I place my forehead against her temple. I want to take away her pain.

"1."

"2."

"3."

Oaklee's face scrunches in pain as her jaw clamps shut to prevent screaming. Tears escape her screwed shut eyes.

"You're doing amazing, baby." I whisper.

"Stop, take a breather." Dr. Murphy says, glancing up.

Oaklee's head falls back against the pillow. I kiss her clammy hands and I think this is the first time I've felt her hands warm.

"You ready?"

She nods, preparing herself once more.

" 1"

"2"

"3"

She tucks her chin and pushes once more, groaning. My hand holds the back of her neck, pushing slightly so she could relax her neck a little. She knows I'm here for her without me having to talk, she prefers it that way.

"Okay, you're doing good."

Oaklee nods once more. A sob ripples through her body as she lays her head on mine. I can feel her sweat but I don't mind.

"Leo, it hurts." She whimpers.

"I know, baby. You are so amazing, Oaklee." I say, kissing her shoulder.

Her chest heaving up and down as she pants. I want this to go quicker, I need this to go quicker. Seeing her in pain makes my skin feel like needles are poking me throughout my body.

"Okay, only a couple more times."

"1"

"2"

"3"