41/Leonadas

The boys are sleeping in the room with the door locked, the only people who has a key is Oaklee and myself

The first thing I noticed about Oaklee when I got back was her swollen and busted knuckles. I won't bring it up, she knows I've seen it, she knows how I feel about it. But I know, that's the only way she feels she can take her anger out, I've suggested killing people but she likes to get physical while doing that as well, so that doesn't help much.

Oaklee sits in the chair behind my desk, looking at the paperwork I printed out for the custody. I already have the judge that will sign it off once I bring it.

She turns the last page over as the door gets knocked on. I say a gruff 'enter' before Nova comes in and sits in the chairs in front of the desk.

She sits quietly as nobody makes a move to talk. Oaklee nods, fixing the papers in the way she wants them before stapling them.

"Do you plan on coming back or are you going to keep traveling for work?" Oaklee says, not looking away from the paper.

"Traveling." Nova mumbles, her fingers twiddle with each other in her lap.

Oaklee nods, her frown shows for a split second before any emotion vanishes. She pushes the papers in front of Nova before leaning back.

Nova grabs the papers reading through them as I focus on Oaklee. My hand rubs the top of her head before trailing to the back of her neck. I grip tightly, giving it a squeeze before going to her shoulder.

"You want me to give custody over? To you?" Nova scoffs.

"Yes, we do." Oaklee says, looking Nova dead in the eye.

"Why would I do that? I'm his mother!" She screams, leaning forward.

"What have you done that is motherly? You gave birth? Yes. You send money for him? No. You take care of him? No. You in the same fucking country as him? No." Oaklee pauses. "Nova, you're less motherly than my mother and she's dead."

I have to refrain from widening my eyes but I manage to pull it off.

"This is ridiculous! Are you doing this because you have to take care of him?" Nova spits out.

"No, because unlike you, I take care of him like he is my son because that is what he is and always will be. My son." Oaklee's territorial tone shows up.

"But, I gave birth to him! He is my blood!"

"They say blood is thicker than water, but I remember plenty of times when water was there and blood wasn't." She says, shrugging.

Oaklee's words linger in the air as Nova thinks. I let Oaklee deal with this because this is what she wants. Sin is already like a son to me, she just wants it legalized so she can handle the documents, whether it's for school or doctors appointments, she wants it all and that's what she'll get.