34/Oaklee

*i am making a random date for his birth just so it doesn't seem so pushed together *
September 15.

 My eyes open reluctantly, my throat feels dry, my head is pounding, my chest aches, my vagina hurts

My eyes take in the group that surrounds me. All I see is a lot of pink scrubs and that's when it hits.

I gave birth to a baby.

"Oaklee, let me check you real quickly before I get your husband." I have to turn my head to see Dr. Murphy.

I hum but even that cracks.

"We haven't left the room, we've all been scared to do so." She laughs lightly.

"How long?" I mumble, taking the glass of water that a nurse hands me.

"5 ish hours, you lost a lot of blood but thankfully not too much. It was more of the strain on your body that made you go into heart failure." She replies.

"My baby?"

"Perfect, 8 pound, baby boy. He's been taken to the 'baby station', is what I like to call it, to get checked up. So far, so good." She says, smiling.

Weight that laid on my chest, lifts. All I need is Leo then I'll be fine.

"What's the damage?" I ask hesitantly.

"Surprisingly, there was no ripping. Your uterus did not contract after delivering, which caused the bleeding and hemorrhage but we stopped the bleeding." She explains.

I nod, taking in the information.

"Everything is good. Would you like your husband?" She asks nicely but I can see some of the nurses shake.

I nod.

She smiles once more before leaving the room, the nurses following after. I assume that she's telling him what happened since he isn't already inside of the room. I scoot over for him and trace the pattern of the blanket as I wait.

As soon as the door opens, my head shoots up. As if seeing me move is the biggest relief ever, he sighs.

I open my arms for him as he takes, maybe 2 large strides to reach me. Laying in the free spot beside me, half of his body is off the bed but he doesn't seem to care.

"Oaklee, you've got to stop scaring me." His voice comes out muffled as his face is tucked in my neck.

His hand trails down my body, resting on my flat stomach, I'm already glad that I'm not having to do too much work on losing the baby fat.

"We have a kid." He says in disbelief, his head is still tucked.

"We, technically, already have one." I mumble.

"Are you hurting?" He asks, suddenly removing his head, searching my body.

"Nothing I can't handle."