16/Leonadas

4 days, 18 weeks.

She thinks I don't see what she's doing

She thinks I don't see what she's doing. She thinks I haven't noticed how she's been acting. She thinks I haven't seen the way she lays in bed, saying she's tired but never falling asleep.

But I have been, I do see it, I can feel it. Something clicked in her while we were at the hospital. I've called Dr. Murphy and she gives me advise as to what to do and how to help.

*their first phone call *
"Dr. Murphy speaking."
"It's Leonadas Costa."
"How is Oaklee? Did the food poisoning wear off?"
"It has but I'm concerned that she's become depressed."
"I'm sorry to hear about that, a lot of pregnant women can become depressed. The hormonal shift between the trimesters seem to do that. Her body is changing rapidly. Just make sure she eats, drinks, and gets plenty of rest, be there for when she needs you, try and get her to be active. That should help but it not this could be something more deep."
"How am i supposed to do this if she doesn't want too?"
"Try to be positive and understanding, that will take you a long way, the rest is something she's going to have to choose."
"Thank you."
"It's my job."

That's what I've been doing. She eats and drinks but she doesn't sleep often. I've suggested melatonin but she got snappy at me for even bringing it up.

I've gotten her to go on a few walks with me but most is the time she's ignored me. I don't push too hard, I lay with her a lot.

The times she does sleep, she mumbles about how sorry she is and how she wants to be better. My heartbreaks every time, I don't know how to help her.

"Hey, baby." I say, rubbing her back. She mumbles back a 'hi'.

"Do you want to go walk for a bit?"

She doesn't answer for a minute before sitting up. I sit up and walk over to her putting my hands out for her. Her bump has gotten bigger, only a little. You probably wouldn't notice unless you've been with her and rubbing it everyday.

She takes my hands before wrapping her arms around my hips. I hug her back, rubbing her shoulders.

I get her to eat something before we walk down the beach, just like we have been. I ramble on about a phone call I got from Ezra, trying to cheer her up from the stupid shit he says.

"He started complaining about how he needs us to come home because Nova keeps giving Sin to him while he's crying and-"

Oaklee stops walking and places her hands on her bump. I stay beside her watching as few seconds go by and she lifts the shirt she's wearing and puts her hands back down on her stomach.

"What's wrong?" I ask softly, not trying to scare her.

"Leo..." Her eyes fills with tears as she looks up at me.