21/Oaklee

20 weeks.

"Thank you for coming with me

"Thank you for coming with me." I say, laying down on the bed.

"Don't worry about it. You know I'd do anything for you." Royce says, holding my hand.

"Alright, welcome. I'm Dr. Murphy," She says, shaking Royce's hand. "You are half way through your pregnancy! I see you have grown much more. Has your baby moved any?" She asks, putting on gloves.

"Yes, it's pretty active when I'm stressed or make a big movement." I say as she puts the gel and wand on my stomach.

"That's a good sign but we both know that you don't need to be stressed." She says, glancing at my bruised hands.

"Yes, I know." I grit out, tightening my hand on Royce's.

"Do you want the gender?"

"Yes."

Leo and I talked about how we need to find out the gender as soon as possible for planning and getting stuff ready, even if it meant only one of us finding out.

"Okay, your baby boy is the size of a large sweet potato. This explains why you're so big." She chuckles towards the end.

Baby boy.

I'm having a boy. Leo is going to be so excited when he finds out. He's always says that he wants what I want but I know he is secretly leaning towards a girl.

"-ere's going to be swelling in your feet and ankles. Stay off stress, I tell you every week and now your baby is more aware." She says before asking for questions and leaving.

"So, you're having a boy! That's exciting!" Royce's says overly happy once we got in the car.

"Yeah, it is." I mumble, looking out the window.

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely ecstatic about finding out the gender and I am grateful that Royce was with me but I want Leo. I want Leo to be there asking his questions when he's confused or concerned. I want Leo to hug me when I'm done.

The car ride was silent as we drove home. Surprisingly, I wasn't craving sweet potato, which is rare but whatever. Actually, I don't like sweet potatoes so maybe it's a good thing.

Once I got home, I head straight to Leo to tell him. I think it'll sink when he's awake. He's always made things feel real.

"Hey, love." I say entering the room. I sit in the in the chair by his bed and hold his hand.

"I found out the gender today. It's a boy. Crazy, right?" I talk to him as of he's going to respond.

"Royce came with me." I winced as I heard his heart monitor quicken. "I know, I know but I didn't want to go on my own."

"It'll be okay when you wake up. I miss you." I say, holding his hand on my cheek.

His hand is still so warm. I don't think I've ever been apart from him longer than 5 hours. It's been 24 hours since he has talked to me, since I've seen his beautiful eyes, since I've seen him smile.