24/Leonadas

TW: violence
24 weeks.

"What the fuck is this?"

I stare at her in shock. When I thought I'd be seeing my wife after sleeping for god knows how long, I did not expect seeing her covered in blood.

"Leo, I-"

"You are nearly halfway through your pregnancy and you're covered in blood. Oaklee, I left for one second and you don't know how to act." I say angrily.

"It's been more than one second." She mumbles, entering the room.

"How long?" I ask hesitantly.

"4 weeks." She says, looking at her hands.

"4 weeks?" I whisper in disbelief.

I start doing the math in my head, she was just about 20 weeks, 24 weeks.

Did she find out the gender?

"Gender?" I whisper, giving her much bigger bump a glance. It's not much bigger or maybe I'm seeing things.

"Boy." She says with a small smile on her face, her blood covered hand lays on her bump, like it's a prize possession.

It is, though.

A smile sketches on my face while my hands reach out for her. She takes her place in between my legs, my hand instinctively grip her ass. I only have to bend my neck for my head to lay on the top of her bump and that's exactly what I do.

Already, feeling my son kick my forehead. My baby boy in the love of my life womb. I could never be more grateful then I am right now.

"He doesn't like it when I move a lot," She whispers, laughing quietly with her hand playing with the back of my hair. "He also doesn't like when Sin moves on top of him."

Now, that makes me smile.

"He's healthy?" I ask quietly.

"As a horse."

I raise my head to look at her. Her hand feels to my forehead, wiping something off. It's only then that I remember there's blood on her.

"Has the doctor things been here?" She asks, her hands falling to my jaw.

"Yes, the 'doctor things' have said that I'm good. Stitches have healed good and to take ibuprofen for any pain." I say softly.

I know this has been hard on her. I can tell by the circles under her eyes. That's all I've seen so far, I haven't fully inspected her yet.

"So, you're in the clear?" She asks hesitantly.

She's never been so nervous. I can see it, I can feel it. She's stressed and now I'm back to help her, just like I yearn for.