five

yoongi really thought of skipping school the next day to not see jimin, it was embarrassing.

but he slung his backpack over his shoulder and headed to school. he looked down at the ground as he walked so no one could see his puffy eyes.

he looked up at the gray sky, "fuck, it's going to rain and i forgot my umbrella" he mumbled, reaching for his phone in his pocket to skip a song in his airpods.

namjoon sat next to yoongi in their first period, "hey hyung" namjoon smiled, "hi" he said, not making eye contact.

"i forgot my umbrella this morning, i'll have to walk home in the rain" he sighed, doodling on his worksheet, he loved to doodle.

"i can drive you home" namjoon said, yoongi shook his head, "you'd have to wait for jimin and i, just go home" he said, finding the statement rather odd, namjoon knew he hated being in cars as a passenger or driver, "jimin told you, didn't he?" he sighed, looking at his shoes, "yup" he boy breathed out.

"i don't know if it was my fault or his fault" he said, "none, he was upset too" namjoon said, "well he almost hit a kid—"

"he was stopping and you didn't realize" namjoon said, yoongi exhaled, picking at his hands, "so it's my fault?" he mumbled, "i didn't say that. i think none of you are in the wrong" he said, "sure"

namjoon crossed his arms, "hyung, don't think of yourself like that" he said, he knew yoongi was thinking bad about himself, "you know me too well"

yoongi ate the rice and chicken that his mother packed him because he had forgotten to eat dinner because he fell asleep while crying.

"yoongi hyung" jimin said, sitting across yoongi, "what?" he said, "i'm sorry for being a shitty driver yesterday"

yoongi chuckled, "i think i overreacted too, not your fault" he said, "but still! will you let me drive you home today? it'll be raining! i swear this time i'll be better"

namjoon looked at both boys, he saw yoongi grow uncomfortable, "no thank you, i'll walk, thank you though"

"hyung, it's going to be muddy" jimin said, "he said no" taehyung said, going to sit next to jimin, "where'd you come from?"

taehyung laughed and shrugged, yoongi mentally thanked this taehyung guy, "i'm taehyung by the way"

yoongi nodded, "yoongi" he said to introduce himself, looking at his food and nails, "nice meeting you" he smiled, yoongi nodded.

"sorry for jimin bothering sometimes" he laughed, "i do not bother! yoongi hyung likes me very much" jimin proudly smiled, "clearly" taehyung laughed, making yoongi smile.

it wasn't that jimin was a bad guy, he was just too much for yoongi. yoongi was quiet and reserved, he sat in the back of every classroom when he could, he only had one or two real friends, he was quite the complete opposite of jimin.

on the other hand, jimin was friends with every one in the school, had many close friends, wasn't necessarily the best at school, but he was passing with low 80's.

"do you do any extracurriculars?" taehyung asked, "um, no? besides helping jimin, i pretty much do nothing. i mean, i'm library aid" he said, gosh he was a boring person.