thirty-seven

jimin stared at his cereal, "it gets soggy if you just look at it" his mother spoke. a bit of a time skip, jimin had been in eating disorder recovery for about 2 weeks. eating was still hard, but he was progressing little by little.

"fine" he sighed, taking a spoonful of cereal. he was watching a series on his phone to distract himself from eating. right now, it was his number 1 coping mechanism to not cry every time he ate. his therapist helped him make a list to use at meal times.

his parents were the only reason he hadn't gone back to restricting yet. his parents were constantly checking up on him in his room, the bathroom, etc.

"snack time sucks" jimin said, picking at his fruit, "your fruit looks good though, you should eat it" yoongi said, trying to be motivational.

he sighed, "you're coming today for meal time at the clinic, right?" he asked, yoongi nodded, "yup, i'll come every week" he said, he poked jimin's fruit with a fork, "say ah" yoongi said, jimin laughed, shyly taking the fork from yoongi's hand and eating.

yoongi loved sitting on the bleachers as he watched the basketball team practice. by team, he meant jimin. he loved watching jimin run up and down with a smile on his face as he wiped off the sweat on his forehead. he was also there to monitor the team and give advice as well as intervene when needed.

he felt butterflies in his stomach as he watched jimin. he liked him so much that his stomach felt sick. perhaps he was smiling like an idiot, but who cared?

"jimin-ssi, your boyfriend is head over heels over you" one of the players said as they prepared to practice defense, jimin smiled, "you think i can't see him smiling so hard in the bleachers?" he asked, making the other guy laugh.

his teammates had been very understanding with jimin's recovery, they accommodated him in the ways he needed and made sure he was okay. they still acted normal around him and invited jimin to eat out when they did. jimin always said no, but he hoped to one day say yes.

after practicing defense for a bit, jimin began feeling a bit ill. his teammates told him to sit down for a bit and drink water. of course, yoongi was very concerned and sat down next to him.

"are you sure i shouldn't get the nurse?" yoongi asked, "i'm fine" he said, yoongi rubbed the boy's back, "i could go get you colder water, this one is room temperature" yoongi said, jimin shook his head, "i'm fine"

"what can i do for you?" he asked, jimin hummed, "hold my hand please"

and yoongi was more than happy to do as told.

"yoongi-ah, are you going with jimin today?" jiyoon asked as she applied some lip balm, "yeah, why?" he asked, the woman hummed, "sungho and i are going to a work event. it's a casual thing, what do you think i should wear?" she asked, yoongi hummed to think about his mother's clothing.

"the shirt with the puffed up sleeves and jeans, it's the perfect outfit" he said, "don't you think i'm getting too old to wear those things?"

"old? remember when we went to the grocery store and the cashier thought i was your father?" he whined, "that was once!"

"it was twice!" yoongi complained, a smile on display, "wear that, i'll go pick out my outfit to go with jimin"