thirty-nine

jimin had his jersey on because it was game day! he was so excited! he felt more energized on the court than ever.

"yoongi, you're going to the game, right?" jimin asked, a bright smile on display, "minnie, i'm the referee, i have to go" he slightly laughed, "i was just making sure!"

yoongi smiled, he loved seeing jimin so happy. it was the best thing to see, he would do everything to see that smile.

"you were so happy in the morning, please don't pout" yoongi sighed, he hated seeing jimin sad. out of all his meal times, snack time was roughest for jimin. it was difficult for him because he found snacks useless and a calories filler.

"snacks are so useless. normal people don't eat snacks!" jimin scoffed, "oh yeah? then tell me why taehyung sits in the back of every classroom" he said, jimin tilted his head, "he told the teacher that he works better in natural light and the windows are in the back"

"he's eating snacks you dummy" yoongi said, flicking the boy's forehead, "now, eat" yoongi said, "do you eat snacks?"

yoongi nodded, "all the time, i was eating some chips before you came" he said, making jimin smile, "fine"

jimin took timely bites with his pretzels, "i'm really excited for today's game" jimin excitedly said, "i am too, minnie. you always look so happy to play"

"my teammates and coach say i seem more energized on the court these days" jimin said, "i agree" yoongi said, ruffling jimin's hair, "do you think it's maybe because i started eating?"

"oh totally, that's how most athletes get their energy" yoongi said, "with intense workouts, you need a lot of nutrients and rest" yoongi continued, putting a pretzel in jimin's mouth.

jimin hummed as he continued eating, "i didn't realize how hungry recovery would make me" jimin said, "what do you mean?"

"like, i crave food outside of my meal plan" jimin spoke, "but i can never bring myself to eat it. i tried and i ended up crying in the middle of the kitchen floor" jimin mumbled, yoongi caressed the boy's back, "you're a strong boy, i know that you'll work up the courage soon" he smiled, jimin just shrugged.

namjoon and taehyung always showed up at jimin's games. aside from yoongi, they were jimin's number 1 supporters.

they always got the best seats and made sure to show up with school colors! right now, jimin was drinking some water and stretching.

soon enough, the whistle went off and the teams began running up and down. jimin was like the school's secret weapons because who could expect for a small boy like jimin to be able to play all positions, including defense?

"why do they all get sweaty so fast?" taehyung mumbled, "not like you would know considering you replaced your physical education class with a flower class" namjoon said, taehyung laughed, "rude"

"what? it's true!" namjoon spoke, looking at the basketball court, "i heard the other team is pretty good" namjoon said, "oh please, are you even looking at the game?"

the game ended 4-42, which was pretty embarrassing for the other school. jimin's team was cheering and jimin felt especially happy. he felt so proud of himself for playing well, he managed to score 20 points while playing defense and running around the court.