forty-one

sungho's eyes slowly opened when he felt jiyoon move around in bed. he glanced at the clock by his side of the bed.

'4:36AM'

he groaned, "jiyoon-ah, go to sleep" he said, caressing her hair which she flinched at. she sat up, pulling her knees to her chest as she rocked back and forth.

the man slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes, "why are you awake?" he mumbled, the woman sniffled into her knees.

the man froze a bit, observing the woman's behavior. she acted exactly like yoongi when yoongi was crying about his dad.

"do you wnat to talk about it?" he asked, she shook her head, too embarrassed to talk about it. he tried to rub her back, but she flinched away.

"d-don't touch me please" she sniffled, the man nodded, "okay" he said, fiddling with his fingers, "can i get you anything?"

"a sweater and sweatpants" she whispered, "why are you whispering?" he asked, getting up from bed to get that for jiyoon.

she didn't answer, so sungho didn't insist. he just did what the woman had asked him to do.

he set the clothing on the bed, "i'll get you some water" sungho said, allowing the woman to change.

sungho felt horrible.

how damaging could that man be to make both yoongi and jiyoon react the same way? he shivered at the thought.

he poured water and ice into a cup, putting a straw in just in case. he slowly opened the door which revealed jiyoon curled up into a small ball.

"here's your water" he said, placing it on her nightstand. she nodded, still rocking back and forth, "um, yoongi sometimes acts very similar when he's thinking about his dad if that's what's causing you to feel this way. we can always talk it" he said, his eyes felt heavy because of the time it was but he didn't want to leave the woman by herself.

"i don't want to" she mumbled, "i understand. what can i do? it's like 5am" he spoke, "i don't know. what usually calms yoongi down?" she asked, "uh, he usually cries until he sleeps or talks about it" he said, she sighed.

"i don't know what will help me. i had a nightmare, that's about it" she mumbled, laying back down. her hands were shaky, making sungho's heart hurt.

"do you want to talk about it?" he asked, "no" she sighed, facing his chest to sleep. the man wrapped his arms around her, caressing her hair and back, "that's okay. sleep well, jiyoon" he sleepily mumbled.

jimin's mother ran up the stairs upon hearing the slamming of things and walls from downstairs. the teenage boy was crying in unbuttoned jeans in the middle of his room.

"what's wrong?" she asked, "my jeans don't fit!" he screamed, "can you take a deep breath?" she softly asked, jimin shook his head, "no! i feel like i'm suffocating! i feel horrible! i feel fat! i look fat!" he screamed, throwing himself against the ground.

"do not throw yourself" the woman spoke, "you can lay down or sit up. i'm going to talk to you very seriously" she said, jimin cried as he nodded.

"it's okay for clothes not to fit. we get new ones and it's okay. we all gain weight at some point, considering your recovery, it's especially what your doctors want. they want you to be okay. your body was prone to change as a developing teen in recovery, it's okay" she said, jimin pulled his knees to his chest, "w-what am i supposed to wear?" he cried, the woman caressed his hair, "i bought some jeans that are a size bigger when i went to the mall, wear them"