sixty-one

tw: eating disorder behaviors

yoongi woke up to his mother lightly tapping his shoulder. he groaned, hiding under the covers. the hotel bed was comfy, so he had slept pretty well.

"yoongi, get up" jiyoon said, the man sighed and sat up. he put on his glasses that were on the drawer next to his bed.

"do you want breakfast before we head over there?" she asked, yoongi nodded. he hadn't eaten last night so he was hungry.

his mother brought him some pancakes with syrup, bacon, and some fruit. yoongi ate this as he thought about going to the police station.

"are you nervous, mom?" yoongi quietly asked as she dressed the small baby, "yeah, are you?" she asked, the small boy nodded.

"do i have to tell them about him hitting me?" he asked, "yes, yoongi. you're going to answer their questions honestly" she said. yoongi frowned, he didn't like mentioning those things.

"please say your name for the record" the police officer said, "min yoongi" the small boy spoke.

he bit his nails as he looked at all the paperwork in front of the officers. were those all the questions they would ask.

the officers began telling yoongi about what his father was being charged for and what his sentence could be.

"do you know why he might've threatened you and your family?" the investigator asked, "no, but when he called me he was really mad about me not telling him about my mom's new baby and her fiance" he mumbled.

"so your mom and dad are divorced?" the investigator asked for clarification, "yeah" yoongi said.

"why is that?" he asked, yoongi began sniffling, "m-my dad i-is abusive. he h-hit me a-a lot and w-would make me bleed" he shakily said, "when my mom wasn't home, h-he would h-hit me until my legs bled" he croaked.

"how would he do that?" the investigator asked, "with whatever he could find around us. s-sometimes he would throw beer bottles at me" yoongi said, his body shaking.

"then do you know why your father request partial custody of you?" the man asked as he looked through documents, "to lower his child support" yoongi said, wiping the tears that came from his eyes.

"i have proof of that and of when he hit me" he said, the investigators nodded, "can you show me when we finish the investigation?"

yoongi nodded. the investigation went on and yoongi only cried more as he described the blood on his legs and back. he cried as he repeated all the things his father told him.

the investigator could only stare. how could anyone do this to their child?

yoongi only remembers crying a lot during the investigation, he cried like there was no tomorrow and his eyesight was blurry from his tears.

"you're doing such a great job" the man said, yoongi sniffled, "thank you, can i have some water? m-my head is p-pulsing" he croaked, "of course"

the investigator called someone on his radio to bring some water. yoongi was really tired, "shall we continue?"

"y-yeah" he sighed, he hated this so much. he couldn't imagine what his mother was being asked.