forty-three

yoongi was sitting next to jimin as the athletes lined up for a weigh-in during after school practice, which he didn't understand. it's not like they did much with the information besided decide what to do in the weight room, but they still made a big deal out of it.

"why isn't jimin lining up?" one of the athletes scoffed, jimin was on a separate bench eating his snack which was an apple and strong cheese today. it was a weird food combination, but it's not like he had much say.

"he's not allowed to" the coach simply said, "what the hell? that's not fair!" he scoffed, "if it makes you so mad, take it up with his doctor" the man argued back, jimin rolled his eyes.

"i have an extra cheese stick if you want it" jimin said, "did you purposely bring an extra one for me?"  yoongi asked, jimin nodded, taking it our from his lunchbox, "thank you" he said and began peeling it.

"you know what, maybe i will!" the guy said before another player spoke up, "why do you have to be so nosy? we all know jimin has made adjustments for his health, we don't need to know anymore! that's his business" he said, "maybe it's our business if he's weighing down the team with his fat arms" he said, causing fits and screams from all the athletes.

jimin sighed, "are my arms that fat?" he asked, looking at himself. yoongi caressed his arms, "no, they're beautiful. everything about my minnie is beautiful"

the two boys just watched the chaos unfold as jimin picked at his fruit, "i don't want to eat anymore" he mumbled, yoongi grabbed one of the apple slices and slightly put it in jimin's mouth before the boy moved his head away.

"you know what i like to do when people are mean to me?" yoongi asked, jimin hummed, "what?" he responded, "i like to rate their insults. for example, once my english teacher in 7th grade said my writing was horrible and i gave her insult a 0 out of 10 because my lawyer of a biological dad ripped it in front of my face and said it was the worst thing he had ever read and i possibly couldn't be his child from how stupid i was"

jimin frowned, "well i guess that's one way to put it" he spoke, laying on yoongi's lap as he thought about it. he stared at all his teammates that were defending him, his teammates were so nice.

"well then, i say i'd give his insult a 1/10 because my dabce teacher tokd me i sounded like an elephant when i land from a flip or jump" he said, yoongi caressed jimin's hair, "your dance teacher was horrible"

jimin nodded, "agreed, my dad sued him" he said, yoongi tried again to make jimin eat a slice of apple, "eat" he said, the boy whined, "i don't like snack"

"i know you don't, but your body needs your help right now" yoongi said, jimin sighed and took a bite from his apple slice, "good" yoongi said, twirling jimin's hair.

once the chaos was sorted out, there was an awkward atmosphere, "it's really awkward" jimin spoke to the boy's as they finished weigh-in's, "i know, sorry" once of them sighed, jimin shook his head, "don't worry about it! i get if you guys have questions, so if you want, you can ask, yoongi can be like out mediator" jimin said, he understood there was a stigma around recovery and the best way to destigmatize it was to talk about it.

"anything?" one of the boy's asked, jimin nodded, "do you have to eat exactly what they tell you to eat?" he asked, "no, but i have to eat a certain amount of fruit a day and what not.  but i'm allowed to eat whatever i want besides that" he clarified, "do you?" one asked, "not a lot" the boy shrugged, munching on his apple.

"how did you know you were struggling? i mean, all of us knew something was wrong but we didn't think it was an eating disorder" a boy frowned, "well, i didn't know i was struggling, it was my parents. i was so out of touch with myself that i didn't realzie that my behaviour was unhealthy. actually, i did know, but i didn't care"