forty-four

tw: almost ed relapse

yoongi

mom

why does it say you're at a therapists office??

jiyoon

how can you see where i am??

yoongi

remember you asked me how to share a location with someone?

you shared it with me

and now i can see where you are

jiyoon

not like i go many places anyways

but yes i remember

and i go to therapy now

because sungho said it would be good for me after i had that nightmare

i went like last week and the woman said i have a lot of anxiety because of the relationship i had with your father so she said that going to sessions would help!!

you worry a lot, but don't worry!! i'm fine, yoongi!!

yoongi

oh okay

glad you're getting the help you need

let me know if i can do anything, okay??

jiyoon

of course

-

his mother specifically said not to worry, but how could he not? the person he loved more than anyone was struggling in a similar way as him and that was not a pleasant thought.

if he thought he was mad at his father before, he didn't know what mad meant until now. his blood was fuming, he was so mad that he started crying. the fire in his blood was burning his tear chambers to release pent up rage and sadness.

he cried until he was curled up with his fists balled up. he felt so bad. yoongi felt like he had failed as a son because he wasn't able to protect his mother.

yoongi didn't hear the knocking on his door, let alone sungho's quiet footsteps coming towards him. he sat on yoongi's bed.

"what's wrong?" he asked, yoongi clutched his stuffed animal, "i-i'm a bad son" he sniffled, not looking at sungho, "what? you're an amazing son, where are you getting that from?" he asked, caressing yoongi's hair.

yoongi tried to stop crying so he could talk to sungho, but tears were just racing down his cheeks, sungho frowned, "what's wrong?"

the boy sat up, looking down to his fingers, "my mom goes to therapy" he quivered, sungho nodded, waiting for yoongi to speak again.

"i still don't see the correlation" he said when yoongi didn't talk, "i failed to protect her from my dad" he sniffled, his shoulders began tensing and shaking.

"yoongi, your job wasn't to protect her from that. i don't think you would get a wink of sleep if that was the case. you protected her when you could and i think that's what matters. it's kind of how your mom couldn't protect you from everything your dad did. she's healing, yoongi. just the way you are" he reassured, yoongi pulled him into a hug and began crying into his shoulder, "thank you"