ten

it was almost the one year anniversary of yoongi's injury.

he tried to act tough and numb, saying it didn't affect him and that he didn't care but in reality, the boy was extremely depressed. that day was the day he lost the abilitu to do what he loved most, basketball.

he sat across his therapist who was looking at her notes, they had been sitting in silence for 5 minutes.

"yoongi, how does the upcoming date make you feel? if you don't feel comfortable telling me, that's fine but please express it" she said, yoongi fiddled with his fingers.

"horrible, i feel horrible. just in a few days will be the anniversary of when i lost the ability to do what i love most which is basketball. i try to act like the big tough and numb guy but in reality, i'm just as weak as anybody else" he said, pulling his knees to his chest.

"yoongi, feeling sad and frustrated on a triggering date doesn't make you weak. allowing yourself to feel these emotions lets you get everything out, you shouldn't just bottle everything up" his therapist said, yoongi hummed, "still, i don't want people to see me that way. did i tell you about the guy i'm training for basketball?"

"allowing yourself to feel those emotions doesn't mean you have to cry in front of people, it can be like cancelling plans to practice self care and such. and yes, i think you slightly told me about this boy" she said, yoongi bit the inside of his mouth.

"his name is jimin, and he's quite curious about why i quit basketball. he's also nice but a bit too nosy" he sighed, "i hate how much he questions me" he scoffed, "none of his business" he continued, "have you tried expressing what you feel?"

"no, i mean, kinda, but he doesn't really care" he shrugged, "like i said, especially during this time, it's okay to say that you nerd time for yourself" she said, yoongi hummed, he would do think about it.

"hey yoongi, i'm going to put some books on a cart and i need you to deliver them to the advanced language arts rooms" the librarian said, "sounds good" he said, eating some sour gummy worms he was given.

"are you sure? you know, considering the sling" she said, "mhm, it's fine" he reassured, waiting for her to load up the books on the cart.

he took the elevator to go downstairs in the language arts hallways, he headed to the first class, walking in with the cart.

he scanned the room of talkative kids, his eye landing on park jimin who looked back at him with bright eyes.

he got up from his seat and walked up to yoongi who was talking to the teacher about the books, "mr.lee, can i help yoongi deliver the books?" jimin asked, a bright smile on his face.

"if that's okay with yoongi, however, there's an essay due tomorrow and this is the last time we'll have class time to work on it" the teacher said, jimin nodded, "i turned it in a week ago" he said, "oh okay, that's great, go ahead an help yoongi"

jimin smiled upon being able to help yoongi. yoongi was glad too because he didn't have to use his harm and he could be with jimin. win win situation.

"how has your day been, hyung?" jimin asked, yoongi felt butterflies in his stomach and he fiddled with his sleeves, "it's been okay, i'm hungry and only packed fruit today so i'm a bit sad about that" he said, jimin frowned, taking off his backpack.

"here, do you like chips? i have doritos if you like that or oreos" he worriedly said, yoongi smiled, "oh minnie, don't worry"

"what do you mean? i have to worry!" he scoffed, "it's fine jimin" he said, "no it's not! hyung has to eat" jimin said, looking through his backpack to see what else he had for yoongi, "let's finish delivering these books and then we can figure that out"