thirty-two

"where are you going?" sungho asked, seeing yoongi was all dressed up, "i'm going to see jimin" he said, fidgeting with his hands, "do you want me to get you something while i'm out?" he asked, his father always wanted something so that's why he asked.

"no, just enjoy yourself" he said, yoongi smiled and nodded, "thank you"

yoongi headed to a flower shop, looking at all the available flowers. he hummed as he stared at all the options.

jimin loved pastel colors like light pink and light purple. he didn't really like bold colors that made your eyes hurt.

he decided on light pink tulips because it was one of his favorite colors. he had a sad smile because he felt guilty.

yoongi paid and then walked to jimin's house, praying that his parents didn't open up in case his parents were mad at him too.

he knocked, patiently waiting and being met with jimin's father. he internally cursed when he saw that, but nonetheless smiled.

"hi mr.park, is jimin home?" he asked,  the man didn't seem upset, "he's in his room" he said, yoongi nodded and went to jimin's room.

he took a deep breath, knocking on the door. he heard jimin sigh, which made him freeze a bit.

jimin opened the door, his eyes widened a bit, "oh hyung, hi" he said, yoongi bit the inside of his mouth and handed the boy the flowers, "i'm sorry" he started, "about the messages and me saying things and—" he breathed out, "i feel guilty, jimin"

"it's okay, i do too" he said, letting yoongi in his room. he set the flowers on his nightstand and sat down with yoongi, "i talked to my dad about it because he's always honest about things and he said that he things you were trying to care for me" he said and continued, "and in your situation, you can't do anything but tell me to eat, what ate you supposed to do? shove it down my throat?"

yoongi slightly smiled, "he's right, but it was wrong of me to assume that you don't have reason behind your actions" he said, jimin twirled the boy's hair, "i never told you my reason, so it's fine. i'll tell you now" he said, yoongi hummed, being soothed by jimin touching his hair, "listening, but drowsy, love it when you touch my hair" he mumbled.

jimin smiled, "do you remember when we met, i told you about how i used to dance?" he asked, yoongi hummed, "i vaguely remember" he said, "yeah, anyways, i started dancing since i was like 4 years old and when you dance, most instructors look for a very specific body" he said, biting the inside of his mouth, yoongi held jimin's hand as he looked at the ceiling.

"i was in contemporary dance, so when my classmates moved, you could see their ribs and bones. my body wasn't like that, so my teacher used to get really mad at me and keep me for an hour and a half extra after lessons to mostly scream insults at me as i danced" he mumbled, yoongi frowned, "what about your parents?" he asked, jimin nodded, "my dad walked in on my trainer shouting at me one day and he was fuming, he was the first one to know and he said so many nasty things to the guy and proceeded with legal action"

jimin sniffled, breaking yoongi's heart, "oh jiminie" he rubbed the boy's back, "m-my mom was really mad too" he sniffled, "and like y-you, they didn't know how to h-help me. all they did was tell me to eat" he said, yoongi rubbed jimin's shoulders, "i know minnie, we're just worried" he said, a frown in display.

"why?" he mumbled, "it's unhealthy"  yoongi said, jimin wanted to argue but he knew they would start fighting again so he stayed quiet.

"thanks for the flowers, they're so pretty" jimin smiled a bit, he tried to make the frown on yoongi's face disappear, "mhm, didn't know what to buy"