twenty-two

"yoongi, did you ever talk to your dad about helping you afford the medication i recommended? i feel like it could really help you" she said, setting her clipboard down.

"oh no, actually, my parents are getting a divorce" he laughed, the woman's eyes widened, "you haven't mentioned that at all. how are you feeling? we only have like 10 minutes left" she said, "oh, i don't care. i hate my dad" he shrugged, "divorce impacts kids more than can be seen on the surface. i can see what availability i have tomorrow"

yoongi shrugged, "i'm fine, really. i don't care about my dad, he deserves nothing" yoongi mumbled, pulling his knees to his chest, "those are the feelings i'm talking about, yoongi. i would like for you to talk about those soon because you shouldn't keep that all to yourself, okay?" she said, the small boy bit his lip as he decided if he wanted to talk with his therapist about this.

"i guess so, tomorrow sounds okay" he said, the woman typed something in her computer, "i only have one appointment available and it's at 10:30am, you would be in school" she said, "would you be able to make it?" she asked, yoongi hummed, "from school to here would probably be a long walk" he said, "we're working on driving, remember?"

yoongi whined, "what if i have a nightmare?" he asked, "you'll still have to drive. it's called exposure therapy for a reason"

the small boy pouted, "i'll do aegyo for you if you let me walk here" he said, the woman laughed, "sorry, i know it's hard right now but i promise it'll get easier over time which is the goal. when you injured your shoulder, you were really scared of using it, but because of physical therapy, you learned to use it again, maybe not to its full potential, but you can do most of everyday things. that's what exposure therapy is doing" she explained, yoongi hummed.

"i like that explanation" he said, "i'll come tomorrow, i'll drive" he said, making the woman smile, "okay, i'll see you tomorrow"

yoongi got home and his mother wasn't there. he found it weird because it was his mom's day off, ot was sunday.

he grabbed his phone and went to his mother's contact.

yoongi

hi momm

where r uu

yoongi's mom

ah i forgot to tell u

im out with a friend right now

yoongi

ah ok

is she that one coworker

yoongi's mom

its another person

hes my coworker

yoongi

okayy

have fun

yoongi's mom

will do!

yoongi hadn't noticed but his mom was acting suspicious. she often came back home from work late and had little gifts. he didn't know where she got them from and he wasn't curious enough to ask.