sixty-five

"mom, what can you tell me about surgery for a torn shoulder labrum?" jimin asked his mother at breakfast, she hummed, "why do you need to know?" the woman hummed, "yoongi is getting surgery for his shoulder"

"ah poor boy" she frowned, making jimin's heart beat out of his chest and the color drain from his face, "w-why? is it dangerous?" he panicked, the woman gulped seeing him worry.

as a nurse, it was natural for her to worry about any and all risks associated with medications and medical procedures. her husband could tell you all about it. she wouldn't let jimin take any medications until she thoroughly went through her old nursing school textbooks. on the other hand, jimin's father would give jimin anything his doctors recommended.

"uh" she chuckled, "when is he getting the surgery?" the woman asked, jimin tilted his head, "is that a yes or a no? he's getting it next week"

"a lot of risks involved, but that applies to many medical procedures" she said, "what kind of risks?" jimin asked, "i don't want to talk about it right now because you'll start stressing and then you won't eat"

he frowned and picked at his cereal that was beginning to get soggy.

jiyoon softly knocked on yoongi's room before opening the door, "good morning, yoongi" she smiled. it was 8am and the day of the surgery.

yoongi was nervous, but excited. he couldn't sleep at all that night because of the feeling in his stomach. would he be able to enjoy basketball again? would his shoulder stop throbbing when he picked up a water bottle?

"g'morning" he smiled back, "how are you feeling?" the woman asked and sat on yoongi's bed, "nervous, but i'm excited" the boy said and sat up.

"you'll be fine" she said and pulled him into a hug.

jimin

HI HYUNG

IM SO NERVOUS FOR YOU AHHHHHH

BUT IM SO HAPPY YOU'LL GET TO PLAY AGAIN

I'M OMW TO THE HOSPITAL, JUST GETTING GAS AND A SNACK

yoongi

hi minnieeee

they gave me some pre-op meds

making me rlly sleepy

jimin

that's ok

go to sleep, ok??

yoongi

ilysm

i love uuuuu

i wanna wait for u

jimin

do u want anything??

yoongi

not allowed to eat before the surgery

jimin

oh ok

did they give you a gown yetttt????!!!!