Wrench- Pounce

I sit on the sofa, nervously biting my nails and flinching at every noise.

I hear the front door being unlocked and I hesitantly walk to the hallway, armed with a hammer.

Suddenly a familiar tattooed man walks in, holding his hands up in surrender.

I drop the hammer and hear it thump on the hardwood floor, before I run at full speed and barell into Wrench, who oomfs as I crush him against the door, my arms wrapped tightly around his neck.

His arms immediately snake around my body, before he lifts me up and holds me agasint him, his arms supporting my lower body.

I let out a breath before inhaling deeply, taking in his scent and warmth.

"Couldn't I take my shoes off before you pounce on me?" He jokes, but I can tell he feels no humour.

"Shut up. I love you" I whisper, my throat thick with unshed tears.

Wrench walks us to the sitting room and sits on the sofa, with me draped across him. One of his arms rubs circles on my back, comforting me.

"I love you too" He mumbles, removing his mask.

"I was so scared Reggie, I didn't know if you'd been hurt, killed, I-" I cry.

"Shh, I'm sorry, it's okay, I'm here now" He softly says.

"I'm sorry about Horatio" I whisper after a few minutes, I feel him tense up.

"Me too" He replies.

I lean back, and hold his face in my hands, before planting a kiss on his forehead.

Wrench let's out a shaky breath, and hugs me tight again, this time burying his head into my neck.

"Is there anything I can do Wrench?" I ask, hating how upset he is.

"Just stay with me" He mumbles.

I nod.

An hour passes and Wrench breaks our cuddle and gets up, "I'm going to order Chinese, if that's okay?"

"Of course, after dinner let's just go to bed, yeah?" I softly say to him, getting up and putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I love you so much Y/N" Wrench says, before kissing me.

"I love you more" I say, trying to lighten the somber mood.

He laughs, shaking his head before ringing the Chinese.