Josh- Attention

"So you're just gonna invite everyone in?" The girl with purple hair shouts to Marcus, the leader who me and my dad met at Swelter Skelter.

"Look, I know we didnt talk about it, but this isn't just Ray. It's Raymond Kenny. As in T-Bone!" Marcus excitedly says, hardly containing his excitement.

I look up to my dad and smirk, he gives me a smile before piping up "Look I hate Blume as much as the rest of you, so if I can help then I will".

The others in the group nod and agree, before completely losing it and fangirling over my dad.

The one in the mask introduces himself as Wrench before strutting away to grab beer.

All of a sudden the cute one that looks to be around my age sidles up to my dad and asks for a hug whilst introducing himself as Josh, before grabbing him and bringing it in.

My dad awkwardly pats his shoulder whilst pulling a face at me, which makes me smile.

"Wait, who's this then?" Sitara asks, her anger a little subdued.

"I'm Y/N, Ray's daughter" I announce, before my dad wraps his arm around my shoulder.

The group all stare, wide eyed and shocked, I nervously move my feet and clear my throat.

"Sorry, Ray's what?!" Wrench shouts in surprise.

"His daughter, she just said that" Josh says giving Wrench a duh look.

I do a small wave, unsure why everyone is acting so weird.

"Can you do the same stuff as your dad, you know the whole hacking and shit?" Marcus attempts to politely ask.

I nod before replying "I'm better at planning and analysing rather than doing, but I know the basics".

"I didn't want to bring her into all this" My dad, Ray, says to the group, stretching his arms about.

"Cool, you can help me with the analytics" Josh smiles, and I feel strangely settled.

"Aight, Ray you wanna come look at way we've got so far?" Marcus asks, leading the way to a desk. My dad nods before holding a thumbs up to me.

"I can show you the data, if you want?" Josh mumbles leading me to his desk, I follow him and pull up a chair next to his.

I sit and feel a little awkward, I don't have my dad's amazon social skills, so I look at Josh's desk whilst he pulls up the data. I spot one of my favourite books on his desk and a burst of nerdy excitement fills me.

"Have you read this book?" I ask, trying to maintain a cool composure.

"Yeah, I really loved it, why?" Josh asks, turning to face me.

"No way! It's one of my favourites" I reply, beginning to geek out.

"Really? I tried to speak to the others about it but none of them have read it" Josh says, his voice getting excited too.

We spend a while discussing our common favourites, and I begin to feel like my dad made a good choice with this.