Josh- Kitten

"Josh" I whine lying in the sofa whilst Josh draws some plans on the coffee table in front of me.

I hear him inhale then slowly let it iut as he turns his head to me.

"I told you already, we're not getting one" He tells me, frowning.

I lean forward and pout out my lip, making a sad face. Josh just raises his eyebrows, his resolve breaking.

"Pwease" I say, batting my lashes.

"Stop that, you're going to give yourself a fit" He laughs, flicking my nose.

I stop and smile at him, as he goes back to drawing his project out. I sigh and lay back down behind him, listening to the scratching of his pencil.

--The next morning--

In my sleep I feel Josh gently kiss my head, before he gets up. I hardly stir.

What must be a few hours later, I shuffle around the bed, putting an arm out to cuddle Josh, before remembering he's gone out.

The bed dips and I open my eyes finally to see Josh sitting up, fully clothed and holding a box full of my favourite chocolate crossaints, and a hot chocolate in his other hand.

I smile and sit up, rubbing my eyes and looking to see it's still pretty early. "Morning" I mumble, Josh leans forward and kisses my forehead.

"Thank you, but what's this all about?" I ask, sipping the deliciously smooth hot chocolate, and taking a bite of the pastry.

"What, can't I do something nice for my girlfriend?" He says, but there's a glint in his eyes.

"Sure, but I'm not fully convinced, have you rearranged the fridge again? Because I told you, I have to keep things I eat near the bottom where I can reach" I smile.

"No, it's all still there, I've got something I want to show you" He says excitedly.

I climb out of bed, putting my drink on the table. "I have to cover your eyes" Josh tells me.

"Isn't it a bit early for kinky stuff, I only woke up five minutes ago" I smirk.

"N-no, it's a surprise" Josh laughs. He covers my eyes and leads me around the house, I only walk into a doorframe once.

I hear the kitchen door open then close, before Josh says "Open your eyes".

I slowly open my eyes, blinking to adjust to the light, and in front of me is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Josh stands there, with the morning sun making him look handsome, and in his arms is the most adorable white kitten.

My eyes tear up before I look from the kitten to Josh, I walk forward and kiss him, conveying the words I don't have.

"I thought you didn't want one?" I asked him, as he passes me the mewling ball of fur.

"Well I didn't, but I saw how much you wanted one, so I just got her, your reaction makes it worth all the hassle" He says, stroking the kittens chin.

"What should we name her?" I ask him, he smiles at me and my heart melts.

"Its up to you" Josh says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"What about Java?" I suggest, Josh lets out a small laugh, kissing my temple.

"Java it is" He smiles, as we both stand wrapped up in each other, the kitten between us.