Josh- You're Staying With Me

Josh's arm squeezes around my waist as we walk out of the bar away from the others. So I might have different ideas to them, it doesn't mean they all have to be assholes about it.

"Am I in the wrong?" I ask, looking up at Josh as the moonlight brightens up his pale features. He doesn't say anything, just shrugs as he arranges a car to come pick us up.

I bite my lip in contemplation, my earlier outburst might have been a mistake on my end...

"Stop frowning, you're going to give yourself a headache." Josh mumbles, his hand comes up and taps my nose as his other hand still lingers on my waist.

Finally a car comes to pick us up and I climb in as Josh follows, instructing the driver to take us to an address I don't know.

"Wait, Josh that's not where I live." I whisper urgently as the car pulls away from the curb. Gentle jazz music plays from the radio as Josh nods once. "I know."

I stare at him until he sighs and turns to me once again. "You're staying with me. Before you can interupt," he cuts in as my mouth opens, "I don't want you wreaking havoc and....I don't want you to be alone right now." He softly murmurs, his eyebrows knit together as if he's trying to work out his own thoughts.

"Okay." I mumble weakly as we head to his apartment.

We stop outside of a nice building, it's in a nice area unlike where I live, and I wonder how Josh can afford...oh yeah, hacker.

Josh leads me upstairs and into a nice but plain apartment, with a lot of neutral tones it looks like something pulled from a catalogue. In fact, I'm pretty sure Josh literally copied one I've seen before.

"Devoid of colour much?" I tease, but Josh is a man on a mission, already locking the door behind us and strolling to the bedroom. He grabs a plain cotton tee and some sweatpants and passes them to me. A small blush covers his cheeks as he says "You can borrow these to sleep in. You can take the bed."

I nod but grab his arm as he walks away, "I don't want to kick you out of your own little cocoon, do you want to share?" Josh's eyes widen and I shake my head, "We don't have to! I just thought since we're adults it's not awkward-"

Josh smiles, "It's okay, get changed and I'll meet you here."

I head into the bathroom to change, loving how comfy I feel in Josh's clothes. When I walk out I see Josh already tucked up in bed, arms out as the duvet is pulled to his chest.

He waves and I laugh, waving back before slipping in next to him. He stiffens and I slow down, before settling into a comfy position on my side facing him.

"Thank you for letting, well, forcing me to stay." I murmur as he turns off the lamp basking us into darkness.

"That's okay, you're reacting better than I thought," He replies before reaching out and hovering his hand over mine. I close the space by lifting my hand and enveloping it with his and resting them in the middle of the bed.

We end up falling asleep after that, side by side with only our hands intertwined. Though at some point in the night Josh's arm wraps around me and he ends up spooning me.