Wrench- Fanboy

I follow my dad and Marcus down the stairs to the so called 'hackerspace' which is actually pretty impressive.

Marcus shows us around, and I can tell he's trying to act cool in front of my dad, which makes me smile.

The door upstairs opens and a group of people walk down, chatting loudly before they notice us. Silence fills to room awkwardly as I go and stand next to my dad.

"Everyone, I present to you Raymond Kenney, and his daughter." Marcus introduces to everyone.

"This is Ray, as in T-Bone, as in the creator of some of the greatest code in all time?" A masked man exclaims, his head darting from my dad to Marcus, who nods smugly.

"Nice mask" My dad, Ray, says.

"Nice hat" The masked man says, both of them standing up to each other.

"I'm Y/N." I say to nobody in particular, not liking the idea of being left out.

"I'm Wrench, I can't believe you're his daughter, I mean I know he's gotta let loose somehow, I guess this time you forgot to pull ou-" Wrench begins, but Ray shakes his head and gives him a glare.

"Let's grab a beer" Marcus suggests to Ray, leading him across the room before he can deck Wrench.

"Sorry, I just- can you, you know, code and shit?" Wrench asks me, and I raise my eyebrows before nodding slowly.

"Yeah, I can, my dad reluctantly taught me a lot about it all, I think he's worried I might out code him some day." I reply, smiling at Wrench who looks like a fanboy.

"What's it like being his daughter? Do you guys live a life of crime, like Batman and Robin or some shit?" Wrench asks as I sit on the couch and twirl my hair around my finger.

I give him a blank look, "You ask a lot of questions, you know that right?"

Wrench nods and comes to sit next to me cross legged, "I should really be playing it cool"

"Why?" I ask, giving him a small smile.

"Because if I want you dad to like me you've got to like me first, good impressions and all." He shrugs, and I can't help but to laugh.

"Why are you so obsessed with him liking you?" I say, waving my hand in my dad's direction.

"Because he wants to get on your good side." My dad suddenly interrupts from behind us.

Wrench stands up fast, and I'm half expecting a salute from him.

"What?!" Wrench exclaims, his robotic voice rasing a fee octaves.

"You like her, and I'm telling you now, that isn't going to happen, you go near my daughter and I'll cut your damn balls off amigo." Ray says, narrowing his eyes at Wrench.

I smirk and shake my head, "Dad, nothing is gonna happen."

Wrench nods, "I'll be on my best behaviour." But behind his back, his fingers are crossed. He spots me looking and I give him a wink.