Wrench- Old Friends

DecSec isn't in a good place right now, they've lost followers and keep getting targeted by gangs trying to seek information. On top of that Dusan Nemec is desperate to put an end to them, and has already found the apparent leader, Marcus Holloway, who is now a wanted man.

At least that's all you can gather from Wrench's sporadic phone call, he's desperate and needs your help to take down Dusan and Blume once and for all.

You and Wrench started hacking together when you were both teenagers, and had a really good friendship until you decided to settle down at university, and Wrench had other plans that led him to San Francisco.

You both hadn't spoken in years, so when you got the call you were both worried and angry that he'd abandoned you...or that you abandoned him. Meh, semantics.

When you stand outside the apparent hideout of DedSec, you're impressed by their hiding skills already. It's when the masked weirdo you used to be friends with comes to get you that you finally snap.

"The first time you speak to me in years and all you want is my help rather than a catch up?" You angrily say to Wrench, seeing how he's gotten taller and a lot more tattooed, his style is still the same though.

"Sorry, I am glad to see you though" Wrench robotically mumbles seconds before you pull him in for a tight hug.

"Fuck you, I've missed you asshole" You mumble, a smile now tilts your lips as Wrench takes you downstairs and introduces you to everyone.

"So this is the girl who's gonna save us?" Sitara muses, looking you up and down.

"Well maybe not save, but I want to help" You say defiantly, tilting your chin up.

"She's got the same spark as you Wrench" Sitara says with a laugh, accepting you into the group.

"Yeah, we spend a lot of time arguing with each other, I guess it kinda rubbed off" You laugh, nudging Wrench in the ribs with your elbow. Even though its been years, you both still get along as though you saw each other yesterday.

"I can't believe you never told me you had a sidekick" Marcus jokes, pointing a finger at Wrench.

"Meh, we only used to run small-" Wrench begins, but your scoff cuts him off as he glares at you.

"Sidekick? I was like the Ripley to his Newt, always bailing him out of shit and saving his ass" You smirk.

"Alien fan?" Marcus's eyes light up as Wrench chuckles.

"Yeah man, Reg- I mean Wrench forced me to watch it so much that I had no choice"

Marcus's eyes look between you and Wrench, a smile tilts his lips as he nods, "I'm gonna go set up a spot for you"

You nod a thanks to him as he walks away, looking once over his shoulder before giving Sitara a weird look.

"They think you're my ex" Wrench nervously laughs, scratching the back of his neck.

You blush a little, the confident facade rapidly melting away, "Oh".

"I told them that we never- you know, got together" Wrench continues, fiddling with a screwdriver at his workbench.

"Yeah, well it might have if you hadn't of left me" You say, staring at the floor.

"I didn't leave you, I just wasn't ready to stop, anyway what happened to you?" He asks.

You shrug, "I went to uni, got a degree, worked for a while until it all went downhill, then I had to start hacking again, and here I am" You wave jazz hands to cover up your trembling.

"I'm sorry, I should have still checked up on you" Wrench admits, putting a hand on yours without thinking.

"I know you're lying" You laugh, "I still kept my security up, I knew when you'd hack into my social media to see what I was up to".

"Shit, okay please don't be mad" He begins, but you hold up a hand to stop him.

"I'm not mad, I'm glad you didn't forget about me" You admit, gently kicking his leg with your foot.

"I'd never forget you" Wrench says quickly, standing closer to you so you have to look up.

"Am I interrupting something?" Marcus clears his throat and says, holding out a laptop for you.

"No its all good" You smile and sit down, as Wrench angrily whispers to Marcus something about "Getting back" and "Won't let her get away again".