Wrench- Break In

This imagine features spoilers from the Watchdogs Legion Bloodline DLC.

I'm upstairs reading a book when I hear the front door open and close. Weird I think to myself, Skye isn't supposed to be back yet.

I slowly put my book down and creep towards the stairs, I climb down a few steps then duck as I hear footsteps making their way to the living room.

My breath comes short as I force myself to not be such a coward, I peek over the banister and come face to face with a masked man.

"You're not Skye Larsen." He points out, titling his head in a teasing way.

I stand up straight and fix my jumper, as if that'll give me some confidence. "Wow, you're a genius, rivalling Miss Larsen's IQ are we?"

The man laughs and steps back, turning around as he begins to look at the technology around the home.

I quickly dash down the stairs towards the front door, but the man briskly stops me in my tracks, side stepping in front of me so I can't go any further.

"Excuse me, I'd rather not do this, so please get out." I say defiantly, raising my chin up as I stare at him and clench my fists.

"Me either lady, but I'm looking for Skye, I need her help." The man says, a tone of desperation fills his voice, but I can't give sensitive information to this stranger.

"She's not here." I reply, my voice harsh. He stares at me before trying to walk past me. This time I side step him. He sighs and crosses his tattooed arms.

"Just tell me where she is!" He snaps, stepping closer to me so I can smell the scent of cigarette smoke, oil and something sweet.

"Fuck you, get out now!" I shout back, before swinging a fist towards his face. His reaction is quick and he grabs my hand, swinging me around and pulling me so my back is to his chest and my arms are criss crossed over myself.

I struggle and use my weight to back him into a wall. He grunts but doesn't let go. "For such a small person you're so vicious, like a puppy" He exclaims, admiration laces through his words.

I bite back a smile at the strange comparison. "Let me go or I'll scream." I threaten.

His face leans down to my ear as he mumbles "Good, louder the better."

I scoff at the innuendo, "You're desperate I see."

"Nah, just aggressive women really turn me on." He curtly replies. At this point it's almost like we're teasing each other.

Suddenly the door opens and Skye Larsen strolls through. She passes as she takes in the scene of me and this masked man.

A light smile plays on her lips as she confidently says "Could you please let go of my business partner Mr Blechman."

I let out a laugh and elbow him in the ribs as his grip on me loosens. "That's your surname?"

He crosses his arms, "It's Wrench."

Skye nods and gestures to the sofa, where we all sit down on the semicircle. "From what I understand, you need my help and I need the BrocaBridge in order to do so. Rempart took away my lap privileges and I want them back. Get me the BrocaBridge and I'll help your friend."

Wrench stares for a while in silence, "How did you know all of this?"

Skye smiles and gestures to me, "My loyal assistant secures my information the same way you get yours. In other words, she's a phenomenal hacker."

Wrench turns to me and I nod with a smug smile. "I was just fucking with you, I knew who you were straight away, I just didn't anticipate you coming over so soon."

"You and me need to have a really long talk somewhere. Maybe at a bar, or somewhere private." He murmurs.

Skye clears her throat, "Y/N will assist you with whatever you need. Please do hurry, I have a few...projects...I'm working on"

I sigh and stand up. Wrench follows as I whisper a few things to Skye. She nods and I lead Wrench out of the home as we begin our mission.