Marcus- Arrested

"Someone's got to tell her!" You hear Sitara shout as you walk down the stairs of the hackerspace, curious as to what's going on.

"Tell me what?" You ask no one in particular.

The room goes silent, and you see Sitara and Wrench give each other a look, something going on between them.

Josh sighs, spinning around to face you on his chair, "Marcus was caught by SFPD".

Well shit.

You give a sarcastic laugh, "Excuse me, what?".

"I said Marcus was caught by-" Josh repeats, voice the same monotone pitch. You can't tell how he feels, so you turn to Sitara and Wrench.

"Well, what are we going to do to get him out?" You ask, speedily walking over to Marcus' space searching for a laptop to get to work.

"Nothing" Wrench mumbles, before kicking a chair and walking up the stairs.

You stand shocked, in complete denial at what he just said.

"Fuck him, after all Marcus has done for that asshole!" You shout, your nerves frayed and temper rising.

"Hey! We're all just as worried as you are" Sitara shouts back, coming over to you and resting a hand on your shoulder as you furiously search for something, anything to help Marcus.

"Yeah well unless Marcus is in a relationship with you too, I suggest you dial that worry down a bit" You snap at her, shrugging off her hand.

"I get it, you care about him, but he got arrested for a reason, he's too good to get caught" Sitara sighs, slumping down in a nearby chair.

"She's right, I just watched the video feed and Marcus purposely stopped and turned around. Marcus was looking into some bribery going on, it seems like he wanted some inside information" Josh's monotone voice tells you.

The information was supposed to be comforting, but instead you just feel a sense of loss. Tears full your eyes as you sit on Marcus' desk.

"What of it doesn't work out this time? What if he's in there for good?" You whisper.

"I know Marcus, I've seen some of the shit he's pulled, trust me, if he wants out, he'll get out. Anyways, he wouldn't leave you" Sitara adds on, before giving you a small smile and walking away.

Your mind goes into overdrive as you think about where Marcus is, and what he could be going through.

"Come back to me" you whisper, looking at your locksceeen photo of you both on Golden Gate Bridge.