Wrench- Worst In Me

"Why do you keep pulling away from me? It's like everytime we take things further you suddenly want to back out!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air from frustration as Wrench leans agasint his workbench at the hackerspace, his face is pointed towards my feet but I can tell he's listening.

He stays silent but I see that his knuckles whiten from how hard he's gripping the bench.

I shake my head and step back from him, "I can't do this anymore, not if you're only putting in half the effort." I whisper, tears clog my throat but I know this is what I need to do. Even if it hurts like hell.

"Don't go." Wrench finally mumbles, his voice breaks as I turn around and wait for him to expand.

When he doesn't, I'm forced to once again take control. "Why shouldn't I go? What is it about me you can't commit to?"

Wrench's head snaps up, and he immediately prowls towards me, I stand my ground even when his chest meets mine. His tattooed hand cups my cheek softly as he tilts my head up to look into his masked eyes.

"Don't. Don't for one second think that it's you. You're fucking perfect to me. That's what the problem is Y/N." He deeply growls.

My eyebrows knit together as I shake my head again. "I don't know what you mean."

Wrench lets out a shudder exhale and leans down, pressing his forehead to mine. "You bring out the worst in me becuase I want to fucking hurt anyone who's ever done you wrong. I want to give you the world even when I know you'd be happy with the smallest of things. Fuck, I feel so much for you I can't even think of a life without you in it."

My mouth parts but I close it when I realise I've got nothing to say. I'm speechless in the right way. "Wrench, I-" I begin, but still can't find any words.

"Kiss me." I finally murmur, so Wrench takes off his mask and pushes me agasint the nearest wall. One hand slides down from my cheek to my neck as his other hand rests on my lower back. His mouth slowly dips to mine and hovers above my lips, his breath mingles with mine.

"I'm fucking yours." He mumbles before finally filling the agonising space between us. He takes no prisoners and completely devours me, igniting a fire inside of me I didn't even know existed.

My back arches as his tongue dominates mine, his hand squeezes my neck gently as he coaxes a whimper from me, my hands grip onto his tee to keep me from falling.

A few minutes pass and he finally allows me to come up for oxygen, which is a damn shame because I'd happily suffocate for him. None of us speak as he rests his forehead agasint mine, panting as he stares into my eyes.

"No more pulling away?" I whisper breathily.

Wrench shakes his head and tucks a strand of hair behind my ears. "I've never wanted to be closer to you than I do right now."

With that, he once again puts his mouth on mine.